Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coming up with names

Go down 
+2
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Pancake
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Coming up with names - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Sometimes, my characters will have names that mean specific things, or are named after something. Here are my current ones:

Alethia - a variant of the Greek word for truth.

Mellow Yellow - Named after a bottlenose dolphin in the WDCS programme. (unfortunately he's not available for adoption, but there are a load that are.)

Puzzle - well, I think you could probably figure that one out.

Acacia - named after a rescued horse at Redwings Horse Sanctuary. I don't know what it means but it sounds Greek.

[Reserved Names]

Esperanza - means 'hope' in Spanish.

Lancelot - named after the famous Knight of the Round Table.

Kamala - Again I don't know what it means but my friend has a chestnut Andalusian horse called Kamala.

Ok, that's about it... I'll update when I get more names.

Last edited by Spirit Rider on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:17 am

An acacia is a type of tree found in Africa and I think Australia too...

A lot of my characters are from naming sites. Others are characters based of characters in movies, games, books, etc. A few are also named after my pets.
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:59 am

Most of my characters are named after characters in books. I'll have to post a list sometime of what they are all named after...
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:11 am

I've been making alot of characters based off my Pokemon lately...
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:57 pm

My friend was over yesterday and we were playing Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. I have about seven full boxes and every single pokemon has a name (mind you, I noticed a lot of duplicates XP) A lot of them are named after meerkats from Meerkat Manor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:23 pm

I use japanese and Swahillian names.. Mondmiresche (mond- meer- esh) means "My Treasure" in Swahili.. He is the name of a stallion i met at a horse show =]
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:27 pm

I use lots of names... Makuta is a name of a very evil Bionicle... Some are english words, some are inspired, some are names I got off 20000 Names... ect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Boba Tea came from my favorite viral video o.o
Boba fettish..
I was watching it and drinking tea.. So, than came born BOBA TEA!

Most of them, i close my eyes and write random names 5 examples
Gailsa
Teahsia
Monaysa
Tweht
Coreroberts

I like Teahsia!! Boba tea's sister!! OMFG LMFBO! O_O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Most of mine are based off meerkat manor names but some of them on other websites are Gems such as :

Tempest
Topaz

but these are the random names XD

Twins
Thicket
Bramble

Pups on Kukoo
Coral
Potch
Pansy
Tansy XD

Names from books

Echo - From a horse book , she dies and becomes a spirit
Timber - a Wolf , from a book called Wolf clan
Coral - a Mermaid in my younger cousins book
Cougar - a boy who transforms into a cougar

Pets or just animals -
Chestnut - a horse at a local horse ranch
Potch - the next door neighbors annoying little Yorkshire terrior

Plants or Trees
Maple
Moss
Acacia

Gems
Peridot
Rosinca
Sunstone
Silex
Nephrite
Matrix

just names
Eden
Grace
April XD

Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:53 pm

I get mine from Swahili names, Japanese, or normal everyday names.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:55 pm

for the names of Tosca and Shakespeare sisters i decided on Eden and Grace
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Both reserved, I'm pretty sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:07 pm

ARGH!
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Alot are taken. it's frustrating. Sometimes I use names from my favorite books. The name Aghna means "Chaste, Holy" is Irish. I really liked it. Irish has some interesting names to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:11 pm

im going to look at Japanese names , african and Irish .
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:13 pm

I've taken these names, though only a few are Japanese- Weed, Orion, Rigel, Bella, GB. All characters from Ginga Densetsu Weed, a graphic manga.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:05 am

Most of my names are references to certain characters I like, or even base names off other characters I've made up. Some are just utter random references. xD

Jupiter's name is sorta referenced to Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon, my all time favorite anime. Her personality is slowly gonna be similar to Sailor Jupiter, a strong, kind person, but can also be very aggressive if her friends are in danger.

Topaz's name is a reference to an OC of mine by the same name. Almost similar personalities. :3

Ashtail's name is based off a rare spawn in WoW with the same name. Its a grey-silvery fox, looks really pretty. :3

Phantom's name is a reference to the Phantom of the Opera. Due to the fact the Phantom on there was just a mysterious and lonely guy. Thus how I came up with his personality.

Maple's name is a reference to maple syrup, due to the fact its very sweet in taste, and the fact she has a very sweet personality. Yeah, corny reference, haha... xD

John's name is a reference to my all time favorite Ginga dog, John. He was an awesome character and died a very noble death. I may even plan on John doing the same in the near future.

Ghost's name is just a reference to the fact he's a lot lighter than most meerkats and his "vanishing" act, since ghosts in shows and movies have been shown to vanish at will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:19 pm

@Tosca ; Isn ' t Peridot mine though ? i mean , just wondering . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Characters like Eztli, Aliya, Jia and Amani were names on websites from other languages.

Jackie, Cooper, Snowflake and Flicker are characters named after family pets.

Pamela, Ezio (and his brothers), Azazel, Malik, Littleboy, Enkozi etc are characters named after characters in movies, TV shows, games, etc.

Emzio and Suri are named after characters I made up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:50 am

My main characters were : ( who i dont play anymore )

WOLF : : Inchii + Ace . White and Black . Sister and Brother . I miss rping them :[ i just can ' t find a good wolf rp anymore . . . ANYONE have an idea . . . ?

HORSE : : Cisco , Maria and Davyey . Son + Mother + Someone . . .

MEERKAT : : Tick , Tuxedo , Robat , Raketo , Utukushii , Vixen , Kitsune , Apple , Cider , Kartethra + Zumabaaz . I might bring Kartethra back one day . . . she never DID die >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming up with names
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2