Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

maybee moving..?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Meyerm

Meyerm

maybee moving..? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Mom and Dad (most common), mother and father (more formal), don't know any other common ones that are english...

Last edited by Meyerm on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Okay. i will try to start calling my papi "dad" and mama "mom" ... Sad
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:03 pm

It's not an obligation to give up things like that. I know many, many people that talk with their families in their native languages.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:21 pm

You don't have to give up calling you parents what you feel comfortable with calling them. In public, I hear alot of people talk to their families in different langauges. In America, you can talk to your family in whatever language you feel comfortable with:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:31 pm

okay.. i wont Smile i feel right at home when i am calling my papi "papi" i tried to call him dad and he looked at me strangely. i said "it is what the americka calls their papis" he said "we are not in america right now, pasiley. i am still your papi. and forever will be. when we move there, maybe then you can call me dad" ... i don't think he wants to be re-named yet Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:42 pm

Tikk-Tokk wrote:
okay.. i wont Smile i feel right at home when i am calling my papi "papi" i tried to call him dad and he looked at me strangely. i said "it is what the americka calls their papis" he said "we are not in america right now, pasiley. i am still your papi. and forever will be. when we move there, maybe then you can call me dad" ... i don't think he wants to be re-named yet Smile

do you blame him ? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:54 am

Aww, you don't have to give up your language to fit in! I know a lot of people who call their dad "Papi", so you won't sound that strange. ^^.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:28 am

Youssarian wrote:
Aww, you don't have to give up your language to fit in! I know a lot of people who call their dad "Papi", so you won't sound that strange. ^^.

yea . i call my dad " my old man " sometimes . Papi is muuch cutarr ! i should call him papi later today !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

maybee moving..?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2