Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Post awards

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taakah

Taakah

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Not that this site is below active, (defidently not!!) but i was thinking mabe for each new month of RP, start a new post-contest. The mob with the most posts (in roleplay) will win some sort of thing -like mabe a badge to go in their siggy, ect.

Rule: No posting random things just to boost your points! if this happens, points will be taken off.

Let the comments fly freely- no offence taken, trust me!!
and this dosent have to happen, just a suggestion!!

BY THE WAY: I just thought this could make the inactive people more active by competition. Again, not that i think this is not active, just another idea.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:17 pm

No, no no! We want less posts!
Back to top Go down

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards    Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Really? I want more, actually. But it's not my choice, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Things have been too active lately in some places. The meaningful rp this site used to be about has devolved into meaningless posts about action that we really don't need happening, in my eyes. If the posts actually held meaning and everything that happened happened for legit reasons, I would be fine with it, but those days are sadly gone it seems.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Okay, I agree with both of you. This wouldnt be such a great idea anyways, because it wold most likely cause conflict.
Back to top Go down

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards    Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Well, I do have to admit there can be confusion. Sometimes, after a day or two not on the site, I come back and I'm like....uhh....what happened? lol.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:34 pm

It's also causing people to get lost and pushing a handful to comtemplate on quitting which isn't fair. We also had set plots to occur on this RP but because of the random unneeded action that consumed most of this RP day, we had to postpone the plans until the next RP day. We even discused about enforcing a post order if it continues spiraling out of control.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Well, we can have a quick summary every... like ten-20 posts of whats happened then people coming back wont be like... hey, wasnt that guy dead? or anything like that.
Back to top Go down

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards    Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Yeah, this problem has been getting to everyone lately. It needs to be solved soon, or some people might quit the site.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:44 pm

We've done that but it doesn't help much. Some times in one day there will be like 3, 4 or 5 pages of posts. It can only take a few days after returning for a person to get lost again. That's how active it's gotten around here and I'm reaching the point where I myself am losing patience for anyone who hyperposts and wants to CONSTANTLY. I admit that I post alot sometimes but usually if my characters need to be active in a situation or if some one pushes me respond. I lose motivation alot to post truthfully.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:51 pm

As active as I can be, I'm also getting myself not to post as much, since I know there's others who can fall behind. If anything, I'm possibly going to start maybe only posting a few times daily, so everyone else can catch up.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Agreed. Well, if anyone wants to know what happened, we can summarize it to them( wich is whats been happening.) or make another topic thats about summaries- Topic>summary of the last five pages mabe? this is pretty confusing, but i can manage all my characters, so im good. If anyone needs me to cover, i can still do that. Ill be on the look out for meerkat smileys, so if i find any, ill post.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:24 pm

We've done that too. Meh I've decided when I get lost at some point I'll just jump into the role play no matter how much I end up missing. It's easier to do that in my opinion but it gets frustrating when the hyperposting occurs during important events that involves someone who was planned to be a huge part in that action and they end up missing it.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:34 pm

It's not just the amount, it's what's being posted. The past few months have seen a gradual decline in the importance of what happens. It's always useless conflicts so a character can suddenly "save the day" or "get hurt again" or otherwise draw attention to themselves. I want things to return to the way they were like back in the summer and early fall.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Yeah, back then the group RPday threads weren't being consumed by relentless unneeded action and drama. We used to discuss plots weeks or months in advance and would only post predator scares, heroic acts, ingroup fights, rover visits ect occassionally but now all of this is becoming too frequent, random and repeatitive which is starting to cause WAY too much confusion and nerves to be frayed, and really it has no reason for it to occur. In real meerkat society, their lives aren't as action packed as AP's Meerkat Manor portrays it to be. Alot of what they show is actually meerkat footage compiled together to form a story and draw viewers. Infact, exciting events are rarer than you think. I've read on meerkat info sites that most of their days are spent, sunning themselves, foraging, having a fiesta during the hottest time of the day, back to foraging than they return home. The typical exciting events are when they're litters emerge and begin to forage. It's great to be creative and have exciting events happen in a role play once in a while but not constantly.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:27 pm

And for all the newer members here, please stop getting your characters hurt in some heroic deed and start playing the sympathy card to get attention. We've seen it before, and it gets old real fast. No to mention it just causes more drama. Like Yoshkat said, a typical day for a meerkat shouldn't be much more exciting than the average sunday morning. I understand that alone is too boring, but every day for them isn't like an action movie either.
Back to top Go down

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards    Post awards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Do I count as one of those people? Be honest-I am getting a little too excited with Tails, I'll have him rove less often.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:40 pm

No, it mostly concerns the people who joined after you did. You just introduced Tails so you can continue having him rove since this RP day is his first appearance. But It's a good idea to have a roving male appear when there's nothing planned or going on but not too soon after a dramatic event.
Back to top Go down

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards    Post awards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Ok, after this rp day, I'll give him a break.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Well... the Reapers are in desperate need of activity so you're welcome to have him visit there if you'd like. I'm going to help with their activity by covering Flower's character Corson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post awards   Post awards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post awards
Page 1 of 1