Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Read This Before Roleplaying!

Go down 
+2
YoshKatgirl
Meyerm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pancake

Pancake

Read This Before Roleplaying! Empty
PostSubject: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 am

If there is anything that should be added here, let me know please.
---
There have been a couple problems recently.  One is is the excess drama.  The second is hyperposting.  This is to inform the members NOT to do this.

We are only allowing any large event to happen a day in each mob.  For drama that is common (such as how I made Comet fall behind due to his injury, that makes sense and is likely to happen on a regular basis) that is fine, it is best you contact a staff member if you're unsure if what you want to do is common or not.  Predator attacks MIGHT fall under this catagory, they may not, as they are a bit more common than other forms of major drama.  However, we don't want more than one or two a day I think.  Other forms of drama that we want to keep down are fights.  Stirring up tension in a mob, whether it be a whole mob attacking or just one meerkat causing a problem, counts as major drama and is not acceptable to happen too often.  For instance, one thing I noticed is this happened in the Phantoms recently.  There was already a fight with them, and then another later in the day.  This isn't ok.  We also want to cut to only one plot a day if possible, unless they're plots inside a bigger plot.  Roving also falls under this catagory.  However it needs to happen less.  We have too many characters already and this needs to be cut down.  It should not happen every roleplay day, it may be best to cut it down to minimum.  My point is... While drama keeps a roleplay going, too much of it is bad.

Hyperposting is another big issue.  When there are two or three people roleplaying constantly with eachother, or even if it's not constantly and no one else is replying, that's a bad sign, and you will need to stop at this point.  What for 4 or 5 people to reply before doing so yourself.  If someone hasn't replied for a while, stop and ask them about it, preferably in PM.  If someone needs to catch up, we need them to do so.  Hyperposting is an issue for everyone, everyone is bound to do it at somepoint, and it's likely that everyone is going to feel the stress caused by it.  We need to work together to cut it down.  We need to get this problem under control.  If we don't, it's possible that we may temporarily lock the mobs as a punishment, I believe that was the plan... Please don't be arrogant with this issue and help us get this done.

I also believe that there's an issue with godmodding somewhat, but as it isn't huge yet, I won't address it.

Last edited by Pancake on Sat May 16, 2015 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm satisfied with this.

As an additional note, this rule will be put into effect on the next RP day. If it's broken 3 times, all mob threads will be locked for half a day or longer. I know it's drastic but apparently when ever we tell certain people to slow down or limit the drama, it often goes ignored .___.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:13 pm

But half a day can mean weeks at a time.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:17 pm

I don't mean half a role play day. Just half a real day. Or maybe for a whole real day, depending on how often certain people are given a warning during a real week.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:16 pm

I also agree with this. If this is what it takes to calm things down, then so be it.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:30 pm

I was thinking, since certain mobs tend to encounter frequent inactive spells, maybe the same person should wait to post after 2 or 3 different people in the less active mobs such as the Reapers, Phantoms, Tiny Kats and Midnights. As for the more active mobs, such as the Jumaa, Willows, Oreos, Comets and Zippers, the same person should wait until 4 or maybe 5 different people to reply before replying again themselves. I'm not entirely sure if this would help but I thought it may even out the activity in the mobs.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Or maybe even bring time into the equation. Wait until 3/4 others post OR if that doesn't happen wait 2-3 days.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Sounds fine to me.
Back to top Go down
Darkchu

Darkchu

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Yeah, that sounds good.
Back to top Go down
http://elec-1.deviantart.com/
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:13 pm

Another thing I thought of; despite the posting rule being in place, 2 and 3 people posting between each other is going to be inevitable and will most likely happen on accident, especially when major plots are being put into motion. However, filling up a whole page and them some of the posts from those same 2 or 3 people won't be tolerated. There will be a limit. Let's say so and so has their character react to a dangerous situation, then so and so 2 replies. So and so 1 replies again. After that stop and wait for different RPers to post in between before replying again yourselves. The same will go for when 3 people are replying only it'll go like this: So and so 1 has their character react to a dangerous situation, then so and so 2 replies followed by so and so 3. The pattern repeats itself once more then stop and wait for different RPers to post inbetween. You may have to wait longer if it's just you 2 or 3 logged on as it wouldn't be fair to continue on when offline users' characters are involved. I dunno if this whole method is a good idea but I just thought I'd toss it in anyway.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:28 am

Did a fixed amount of time get decided if 3-4 people haven't posted on a particular thread to allow an active member to post again? or is it infinite and we all just have to wait until the rule requirements are fulfilled?
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:15 am

We decided if no one posts in the mobs for what ever reason in a couple days (3 at the least), you could reply again to try to get things going.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:36 am

:O 3 days.... Maybe I can write something else again. I assumed it was like 2 weeks ><
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:38 am

Okay. You can do that :3
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:53 pm

Since the site is bound to experience fluctuation in activity, I was thinking we'll allow for 3 different people to post in between when there's less than 6 people online. When 6 or more people are online, it'll be risen to 4 or 5 different people. When it comes to 2 or 3 people posting between each other, it'll be permitted to an extent. Please refrain from posting more than 3 posts between the 2 or 3 of you. flood posting between 2 or 3 users is one of the main reasons why this posting order was considered and imposed. We've had too many complaints about it, some users have even contemplated quitting because of it. So it'd be much appreciated, especially by the less active people, if we really cut down on 2 or 3 people posting between each other. If this goes ignored, the mob forum in which the posting gets out of control will be LOCKED for 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Hey, you guys thing we should move this topic as well?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read This Before Roleplaying!   Read This Before Roleplaying! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Read This Before Roleplaying!
Page 1 of 1