Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coming up with names

Go down 
+2
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Pancake
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pancake

Pancake

Coming up with names Empty
PostSubject: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Having trouble with names? Here's a tip. You can look for names by meaning, origin, ect, at 20000-names.com . I got most of my names there. You can also look at meerkat images for inspiration. Look at the face and body language. What does the meerkat seem like? Dark? Hostile? Timid? Kind? Evil?

Here are an example.

Nukpana: Native American Hopi unisex name meaning "evil."

In his image, he looked very hostile and such. Narrowed eyes, darker colors... It portrays his mood. Can you see it?

Coming up with names Basil10

Lol... Most of my characters were come up with this way.
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Lol. He does look evil. I name a lot of my meerkats after characters from books/movies I like, or something special to me:
Finbar was named after Finbar Wrong from 'Skulduggery Pleasant.'
Wagner and Vardi are both music composers.
Tallulah was a cat in a book called 'Reggie the Stuntman.'
Chester Quavers was named after a meerkat doll I have, who was named after Chester Zoo.
Golly Gosh, Gretel, Glade and Grace were named after Dragons in a book called 'The Fire Within.'
Bruno and Jack were named after my cats.
Trinian was named after 'St. Trinians.'
Zozane was named after a character in a game called 'Spectrobes'.

The rest of my characters have names that I thought up on the spot.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Lol. I'll put up a list of what certain of my character names mean. Lol...
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Can't wait to see it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:38 am

Wow Pancake, I will have to check out that website if I ever need a character name for a RP.

My character names aren’t really imaginative or exciting…
Morning Glory is a rare type of meteorological phenomenon that occurs in Australia where the clouds form very long cylindrical rolls.
Leaf is again a type of cloud structure that looks very fern or foliage like.
Sanders is named after my favourite character from the hit forensic TV show CSI.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:07 am

I thought Leaf and Morning Glory were named after plants, that's why I named my pup Clover. Lol. x3
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:52 am

hehe, I guess they do have a double meaning. Maybe it's better for others to think of them as being named after plants now they are called The Tiny Kats.
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:06 pm

I love the name Morning Glory. Very Happy I think it's pretty.
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

Location : Hanging off the edge of a cliff... HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 5:53 pm

That's how I came up with Akina's name, it is swahili (African language) for bond, family bond, solidarity.
Back to top Go down
http://desertwarriorsexp.forummotion.com
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:06 am

That's awesome! ^^
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:21 am

Aww I was just researching meaning of names Sanders is a reduced form of Alexander or German for 'one who lived on sandy soil'. Thats quite cute for a meerkat ^^
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Aww, cute Wink
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:52 pm

I got the name Riverdance from my ALL TIME favorite vacation place called the Riverdance Lodge, we went there last year and I had the time of my life, my dad just told me we might get to go again this summer and I was jumping up and down on the couch squealing with excitment. XD Just goes to show how awesome that place is.

Some of the names I used from characters I play in other rps, like Starlight is named after the ferret character I Played in a ferret rp then moved to the new site Warrior Ferrets. Also Nick-Nack was named after a ferret character.

Akina was a well looked up name, I looked up swahilli names and I just thought Akina was a really cute name. ^^ Pronounced (A-kee-nah)
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Maybe there should be another sibling of Akina's named Akira. I'd play him. Lol. And base him off Uxie to complete the set!
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Hmm, I kinda had the litter based on four of that theme, Akina, Akila, Akida, and Abasi, even if Abasi's name doesn't mix as well. Also they are all swahilli names, is Akira swahilli?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:00 pm

You know, Akina is also a japanese name. And so is Akira... It means intelligent...

Akina in japanese means bright green.
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Oh yeah, I heard it was also japanese, but I had read on several sites that it ment spring flower. And in swahilli it meand bond, family bond, and solidarity, it is so matching to her personality.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:15 pm

So perhaps we go through with the Akira idea? x3
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Hmm, I'm still thinking about it. I really made the family history so that there had been only four pups in the litter Akina was born in... prehaps... Akira could have been separated from the Stargazers early in life. And if she were to exist, she'd have to have a very cheerful personality and a shining smile, pretty much anyone related to the Stargazers does. XD
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:35 pm

Lol. Not how I imagined it. Maybe... Hmm... I could just bring in a pup that becomes friends with Akila. To avoid confusion, maybe I'll name him Uxie instead. I could introduce a Mesprit and Azelf.

Uxie is the one with closed eyes. I can't imagine him smiling. Lol.

Coming up with names Uxie_mesprit_azelf_by_Darla_Illara
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Nevermind... Although, I always saw Arceus as a female, so the meerkat version will be. She'll also be the parent of Dialga and Palkia. Yay for plans!

Don't forget Darkrai Arcreus's brother. ><

Coming up with names 6856d2c1aafeb6e02fe99875eaba9c43
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:04 am

Sheesh, sorry for triple post... I decided Akira can be like that, Kusuma. I'll introduce him shortly. He'll be cheerful but very intelligent.
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:37 am

Awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:04 pm

I know Japanese, and Akina is Japanese. But it means something in many different languages...
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 5:24 pm

I only thought Swahili and Japanese used Akina. When I got it I thought it was just Swahili.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming up with names   Coming up with names I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coming up with names
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next