Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Markie-Subordinate

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 10:53 pm

Name: Markie

Description
Markie-Subordinate O8tkld
Born with a pelt the color of chocolate, Markie is unique in appearance. Her stripes and eyepatches are even darker than her pelt, while her belly and stockings are a off cream color. Markie lacks stockings on her two front legs, and only has dark markings covering her toes on her forepaws. Her tail is long, narrow and as dark as her stripes. As unique as her coat is she also has soft green eyes and a delicate pink nose. Standing at the average size, her width is a little skinnier than the norm, with her fur being sleeker and body more lithe. She is built delicately.

Personality
Although Markie is a highly intelligent individual, she doesn't use her gifts for good. Struggling with her identity from a young age, she doesn't know who she is, but has mastered the craft of interpreting body language. She learns other 'kats, which is why she often comes across as overbearing and can create a sense of discomfort with her peers. She enjoys playing games, and her word is about as valuable as dirt. With a dark but very intelligent mind, she is always thinking, always observing. Rebellion to her is petty, as are responsibilities. She's comfortable answering to someone, although their commands may go in one ear and out the other.

History
Born into a small, close-knit and kind family, Markie knew she was different before she even left the burrow. She didn't playfight with her littermates, she observed their battle tactics and taught herself how to defeat them without ever touching them. As she grew up she began to see her family noticed, and they did not like it. She was the black sheep, the one misfit, and it placed juvenile Markie into an identity crisis. This was when she began to learn the mannerisms of others, hoping that maybe if she could decode how to act whole and good like her family they would love her again. It did not work, and shortly before her first birthday she was cast out after an unnerving babysitting incident.

Traveling alone for a while, she struggled to survive, and nearly gave up. She then found the Nightingales... (I'm leaving this blank as I don't know if she helps form the mob, or they are preformed)

Last edited by StormyMeerkat on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Oh my goodness, I love her so much and can't wait to see her in action xDD
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:11 pm

Awesome! Eager to see Lucille. (:
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:17 pm

I'll try to have her done tomorrow. Hopefully I won't disappoint... she's definitely not the softest of meerkats but she's not down-right mean either ^^'
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Hopefully it won't just be the two of them, lol!
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Yesssss we need more Nightingales xDD

I could always advertise on dA if we need more members.

I'm certainly gonna try hard to get them out there if I get the spot though. I had a plan in mind when I came up with the idea for the mob... I definitely want them to show that they don't mess around ewe
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:23 pm

Advertising on DA couldn't hurt, I mean, why not?

I can see Night and possibly LM having a character here, depending on what they decide to do.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 12:21 am

Alright... so. Could you please add a paragraph for her description?

Also, to me, her design looks a bit too dark, but I may just be picky... we are trying to be realistic.

Other than that, I really like this character.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Updated.

I gave negatives to her design so maybe it's almost more of a curse than a blessing, and could be interesting for roleplay purposes, but if not I'll change it. I just think the dark pelt fits her.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Accepted 1/2

I like the idea that her dark pelt gives her a lot of negatives than positives, since animals with darker pelts tend to warm up faster. ^^ It will make some interesting conflicts~
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm afraid I'm gonna be adamant about the coat color...
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 9:35 pm

I'll change it, no problem. I actually think the heat issue would add to her character, as she'd constantly have to remember to cool herself off, so how much lighter should I go?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 9:40 pm

If you want an example, just a little darker than Wendy is about where I'd set the limit.

And that is an interesting thought, but we are aiming for more realism... I'd also like to point out that having a more normal looking character adds more emphasis on personality and history, and to be honest, that's what really matters.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Alright, I'll fix it.

I'm aware my bios are often vague and simple, but I prefer that so I know the character as I roleplay them.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 10:06 pm

Oh, I know! I've just... been in much more intense roleplay communities since this place was last open, and honestly, there are people who worry too much about how their character looks and less about history and personality.  No one here is like that, of course, it's just become a pet peeve of mine ^^;
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 10:15 pm

I understand, it's alright! ^^

Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 10:15 pm

With me, I try to keep a balance between how a character looks and their overall personality and history. Sure my bios are usually kind of short and to the point but some times I prefer it that way. ^^

Although on dA I tend to make longer bios on my characters. XD On here, I just feel I don't need to be too extreme with my bios and just make them as simple as possible so I don't overload you guys. But that's just me. XP
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Updated! Is that better?

Her color reminds me of an Irish Setter, just realized that x.x
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 11:21 pm

Still seems a bit dark to me, but eh

Accepted, 2/2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Markie-Subordinate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Markie-Subordinate   Markie-Subordinate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Markie-Subordinate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Desert Warriors RPG :: Character Profiles :: Nightingale Meerkats-
Jump to: