Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Advertising

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:38 pm

I've been wondering, given the revival, if we should attempt a small advertising campaign to try to reign in some new members to bring fresh blood to the site. It would be new creative voices, new friends and more ideas.

However, given the meerkat RPG community is pretty much here and Linklu, we're limited to where we can advertise. So perhaps we should expand and search a little? What do you guys suggest? I think websites with strong RPG or animal based communities (ChickenSmoothie is the first that pops into my head) is a good place to start. There's a lot of active animal RPGs, and possibly posting on a few of those wouldn't hurt. I'd be happy to do it.

Of course there's also places like our own individual accounts on websites and can refer close friends.

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:55 pm

Sounds good to me, but the banner problem still stands... I think that would also bring people in :p
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:58 pm

Well, I could certainly advertise on dA. Without a premium though, there's not much reason for a banner, so yeah~
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 3:59 pm

What about the current one? At the top of the site? Won't that work?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 5:27 pm

Yeah, it should. Though it is a bit wide...

I can't insert images into dA though without a premium membership so I can't use it
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 5:39 pm

I could save it and upload a smaller version for ad threads?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 6:15 pm

No, then'll be too hard to see. A whole new one would need to be made.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 6:18 pm

Actually, I slight resized it and it worked for a ChickenSmoothie thread. That's the only advertising I've done, but I'm looking through active animal RPGs to see if any are worth posting an ad on.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 10:26 pm

Not exactly sure how we could do it, but what if we create some kind of advertisement on Facebook. Try to pique our friends' interests by educating them on meerkats so they'd have an idea of how we work as a role play :3
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 10:27 pm

I don't really use facebook anymore, I check like once a month. xP
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm on it daily, but am really not that active posting wise. I've been lacking motivation to post there lately.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 10:35 pm

I don't really see a point, but being friends with people my age takes away a few IQ points, so...
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 10:40 pm

The people who know me on FB think roleplay is like, an alien world xD I don't go on much anyway lol
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Same here, most of my FB friends would probably say "Is that like world of warcraft?"
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 10:45 pm

Without a doubt my friends would be absolutely clueless about role play. XD
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 10:48 pm

Same here. xD

Well, I have seen a large number of guests today, so we're getting some traffic. ^^
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 11:05 pm

Who knows, X3 they could probably be the same guests that have been visiting us for years, but may be ones that prefer to read rather than participate in the role play.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 11:16 pm

Good point. I just hope we get some new members. xP
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 10:43 pm

Guess we did manage to get one XP
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 10:47 pm

A small victory. I thought about sending a welcome PM but didn't want to be too over the top. xP
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 12:37 pm

That might not be such a bad idea. It'd encourage them to explore the role play and show that we're a hospitable role play community. Some people that register may not return because they may feel discouraged about role playing with people they don't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advertising  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising    Advertising  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advertising
Page 1 of 1