Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dominant Voting

Go down 
+3
Moonbacon
Meyerm
StormyMeerkat
7 posters

Dominants
Wendy for Fiddle Nips DF (Night)
Dominant Voting I_vote_lcap17%Dominant Voting I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Zephy for Fiddle Nips DM (StormyMeerkat)
 17% [ 4 ]
Ares for Puzzles DF (Meyerm)
 17% [ 4 ]
Pyramos for Puzzles DM (Taakah)
 17% [ 4 ]
Lucille for Nightingales DF (Pancake)
 17% [ 4 ]
Joestar for Nightingales DM (Moonbacon)
Dominant Voting I_vote_lcap13%Dominant Voting I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Okello for Nightingales DM (EMBERRIA)
Dominant Voting I_vote_lcap0%Dominant Voting I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 5:49 pm

Now that we have all the applications submitted, we can move along in the process of electing the dominants and beginning the roleplay!

A few things I'd like everyone to consider when voting:

1. Vote for the best option. For many, there is only one option, so voting for your own application is okay, but in one instance there are 2 applicants. Please vote for the one you think would do the best job.

2. When voting consider if the applicants really suit the mob they want to lead

3. Please read the applicants' character bios before voting. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Since Nightinggales DM seems to be the only contested spot, I'll say this: I think Moonbacon is most qualified because of activity and apparent willingness to commit.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 7:51 pm

^Something could of happened we don't know about, keep that in mind. Shadow may have a job or life got busy in other ways. It's probably best to ask to clear the waters.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 8:35 pm

All things must be considered. If this is just a temporary absence, okay, but regardless of the reason, long term activity of the applicant must be considered.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 8:37 pm

I do second you on activity must be considered, which is why I am waiting to vote until I know the story.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 12:50 am

Well since the Nightingales seem to be the only mob with 2 competing DMs and it wouldn't be fair for me to vote for myself so i'l just say something instead.

I kinda don't see Oketto's personality not fitting the Nightingales that much? he's an awesome character but i don't exactly see how he fits in with them.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 5:31 am

Whilst it's quite unanimous for the other groups who will be chosen with only one application. I personally feel choosing between the two for Nightingales very hard. Firstly I think it's great that new members have shown interest in taking up responsibility for wanting to be a dominant character, I know I enjoyed having Morning Glory in years gone by.
Instead of voting I would like to offer a suggestion to trial both Okello and Joestar in the group and too read how the characters will interact with Lucille. I've read both bios and I know bios can be changed but I don't think I can truly judge who is deamed the most suited by them as they are quite opposites of each other.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 6:33 am

Actually yea the two could be both within the mob of course there would be a constant fight for dominance and with Lucille possibly mating with either of them but in the end i'm pretty sure it's mostly the DF's decision to choose who becomes her mate if there's two competing males within the mob who can't settle on their fight.

Oketto might be older by a few months but doesn't mean he can't be defeated by Joestar and Joestar might be larger it doesn't mean he can't be defeated by Oketto, so in fairness i think these two are pretty evenly matched.

I think we should also keep in mind the player's activity also, one post a day is pretty alright but i feel one post a week is a bit too long of a wait, especially if there's going to be a posting order.

Well anyways if Oketto becomes DM then fine by me even if i wont be able to use some, well a lot of the things i planned for Joestar but i just hope Shadow becomes fairly active.

Last edited by Moonbacon on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:19 am

It would be up to you, Shadow and Pan if Joestar and Okello rotate the dominant male position. I agree with LM on how they are both vastly different and qualified in different ways, so making a final decision has proven very difficult.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Seeing these two in action shall prove to be interesting. >3 I'm honestly hesitant to vote because the outcome feels uncertain. Razz Guess we'll just have to wait and see what unfolds when the role play commences. X3
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Does everyone support a trial of Joestar and Okello in roleplay before we finalize the DM spot?
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Yes, but who will begin as DM?
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 6:03 pm

I suppose that's up to Shadow and Moonbacon to decide.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Or if you want even more realism, have them challenge each other and the DF decides.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 7:01 pm

Going back to the activity thing, when the owner of a dominant individual becomes inactive for a long period of time for whatever reason, one of the more active members could always play that dominant under important circumstances until the owner returns.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:22 pm

Can i be the DM first then? just in case Shadow becomes inactive for long periods of time again.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 12:42 am

I think we should wait for Shadow's input on this before deciding anything.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 5:29 am

Yes I agree with yosh, all members should be allowed a chance to cast their votes. If we are bringing different options into the equation then someone may have to keep count of those or alternatively this poll be closed with the new alternative choice be added.

It is worth assigning at least a week or more closing date to the poll and sending a message to everyone in the group notifying them that the polls are open to cast their suggestions/votes. Then once the poll has closed if there is a split answer the topic can be opened in the plots section for further discussion there. It will be there that it will be decided between the three applicants ideas/rotations/plots etc.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 12:41 pm

My apologies in advance if this has already been asked & answered, but when will the voting be completed? When everyone votes, or is there a deadline...? Razz
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Joestar has gotten more votes... so wouldn't he get the spot anyway?
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Yes it seems that way as the individual vote currently stands as more than the comments or alternate reasons for not voting in the poll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dominant Voting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Voting   Dominant Voting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dominant Voting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Desert Warriors RPG :: Roleplay Boards :: Roleplay Talk-
Jump to: