Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)

Go down 
+4
Night
little_maybelline
Taakah
Pancake
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Taakah

Taakah

Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Pyramos was completely oblivious to the she-kats negative view on his hasty take over. He hadn't meant to offend, but the excitement from his new position overrode his self control, and now here he was, passing the chamber that Kit was backed into.

Almost passing right by the younger male, a growl made him pause. Pyramos stared at the younger male for a few moments, contemplating on what to do. Should he assert his newly won dominance?

No. Pyramos was better than that. Not only would it set him off on the wrong foot with Kit and likely the rest of the mob, but it wasn't needed- Kit's growl didn't seem aggressive. Pyramos chittered, briefly introducing himself before continuing on his way.

In no time, Pyramos emerged, placing himself next to Ares. He stood on his hind feet, looking Swift and Zophia over and chittering a greeting to them as well. Dropping back to his fours, he groomed behind Ares's ear.

Already, the urge to secure his place as dominant male was evenly matched with his manners. The mob was small, and they would need to have pups soon if they hoped to keep this mob growing. But pyramos wasn't a complete brute- He'd get Ares alone before trying to convince her to carry his first litter. Perhaps when they went to forage.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 10:20 pm

Ares churrs in comfort when Pyramos grooms her and returns the favor by grooming his cheek briefly. She then focuses her attention elsewhere. Pyramos has settled in, everyone is awake and warmed up, and they're all hungry. With her hope in their mob's chances restored, she emits lead calls and begins to head off in a confident manner.

Zofia follows close behind, having already solidified her role as Ares's most trusted subordinate and sort of "adviser." She has always been the shy and submissive type, however, posing no threat to her childhood friend's dominance.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 7:37 am

(You know I'm wondering, I'd like to see more action around here to be honest and I figured having Autumn Leaf visit trying to have a moment with a lady-kat could be it. And I have a fairly good idea for it too that could eventually tie into Xyleath and Kirara's story that is if he mates with a female, no specific character really let's see how this turns out)

In the horizon, a scruffy, unfamiliar meerkat makes his way though the Puzzle's territory. Autumn Leaf, of course a rover looking for a mate like almost every rover really. He stands on his hind legs to scout out the mob he has encountered, it is fairly small and has more females than males but seemingly has a dominant male already, but he looks rather young but with his luck challenging him would only end in pain, so he'll settle for one of the subordinates instead, for now at least.

He takes a few steps forward towards the mob, his head laying low, hopefully it won't be the dominant that approaches him.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 10:55 am

ooc- Unlikely there will be a chance. Only females besides the DF are Zofia (mine) who's not interested, and Swift. It's also a very small group that's heading out to forage, which makes chances even less.

Also, anyone else waiting to introduce a character, you're free to do so whenever. We'll continue the rp normally until someone does.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:43 pm

( I agree, it would bring in much needed action, but Perhaps now isn't the best time(: I think In a few RP days, you should have him return and maybe he can try his luck again when the groups bigger(: for now, I'll just have Pyramos chase him off. As Meyerm said, his chances are very unlikely especially since Py will be keeping an extra sharp eye out. )

- -

Pyramos gladly accepted the grooming with a cheeky grin before heading after his new lady. Good vibes made the dominant male chitter happily. Today had been perfect, and he intended too keep it that way. As the group followed Ares, Pyramos paused every once in a while to look out for danger. His confidence wasn't yet restored- he still spent every minute he could looking over his shoulder. He wasn't used to the whole 'safety in numbers' deal yet.

Unfortunately for the rover, Pyramos had in fact noticed him- and he wasn't having it. With an alarm bark, he started after the rover. Being in a good mood, Pyramos would give Autumn Leaf a chance to explain himself for he could be a potential member, but he wouldn't tolerate any roving today.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 9:17 am

(Alrighty, also might as well explain the idea i have for Autumn Leaf and his potential Puzzles offspring. At some point he could team up with Xyleath and likely take part in the plan that involves Xyleath potentially making a mob from scratch with his two sons fr Kirara and maybe Kirara herself and likely two of Lucille and Joestar's pups, specifically from their second litter. Autumn Leaf liking Xyleath's way of leadership decides to take his pup from the Puzzles and intergrate her into the mob to grow up alongside the other pups, she will seem very insignifocant at first but shes destined greatness at least if things go according to plan. I have no idea who would the mom be or would she be in the puzzles in the first place, might be from the fiddle nips but il hear what you guys think first.

Bic: Much to his dismay, Pyramos is indeed the first one to approach him, he now has two options, fight or flight. To Autumn Leaf, Pyramos seems fairly younger he is but Pyramos seema stronger too. Autumn Leaf let out a quiet growl and walked a few steps away, looking back at Pyramos with his head and tail proudly up, he puffed his chest out to appear bigger, well this is a position worth fighting for, even if he'll lose anyway but at least it gives him a chance to see what this rivaling male is capable of.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 9:57 am

Upon seeing this rover's response, Ares growls and delivers a warning bark, her tail in the air and back erect. She pauses, though, letting Pyramos make his move first. Dealing with rovers is typically the dominant male's territory, and she would like to see how he handles the situation.

Zofia looks on, appearing calm but ready to strike if need be. This male has shown he's here for roving opportunity, not integration.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 6:26 pm

Pyramos may have been a little before his prime, but he was no novice to fending off other meerkats. He slowed his pace, now only yards from the intruder. Immediately noticing Autumn Leaf's hostile body language, the dominant male let out an aggressive snarl before once again breaking into a war-dance. He wasn't the least bit intimidated by Autumn Leaf, especially now that he saw how small he was- The dominant male was confident that he could easily overthrow the rover. As he was closing in, Pyramos showed nearly all of his sharp teeth. If Autumn Leaf didn't run, he'd aim to sink those teeth into his hind quarters.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 8:51 am

Of course, Autumn Leaf was very much prepared for the inevitable attack from Pyramos and being small granted its own little advantage such as being very swift and agile, enough so that he easily dodged Pyramos's first impending attack by jumping over him, after slamming harder than he intended on the ground he quickly turns around and lounges at Pyramos with his mouth open, very much ready to bite him on contact.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 11:18 am

Ares watches closely, observing the fight for dominance between the just recently crowned Pyramos and the new possible suitor. She has just met Pyramos, but hopes he maintains his just won position. She's starting to like him.

Zofia watches sentry while the two fight, much less interested in the outcome, as the result won't determine who her mate is.

ooc- The Puzzles were just starting to catch up with the other mobs, so if you don't mind, can the fight not take too long? A lot of stuff still needs to happen in this mob.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 7:49 pm

(( Agreed ))

Pyramos planted his front paws into the sand, allowing his hindquarters to spin around so that he was facing Autumn Leaf once more. He, too, was quick- Many months alone had heightened his defensive skills. He wasn't amused by the rover's games at all, and snarled,

'Coward! Why don't you fight instead of jumping around like a rabbit?'

He had hardly spat out the words before he lunged again. He knew Ares and likely the rest of the mob was watching, but strangely he didn't feel the need to impress them today. As long as he got his fangs on this stupid rover...

Adrenaline was furiously powering him, and his muscles rippled beneath his off-white fur. The fury of fight was prematurely beginning to cloud his mind as his jaws searched for flesh. Pyramos let instinct take over as Autumn Leaf hit the ground hard, giving him an opportunity to clamp down on the rover's cheek.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:07 pm

ooc- Sorry, but the Puzzles are starting to fall behind. Can we wrap up the fight in the next post or so? I don't have much else to post until the fight ends, so this is just ooc. It's already decided Pyramos is the DM, so the rover should be chased off.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 11:24 am

((Even if the fight is longer than it should, the Puzzles wont be falling that much behind because the other mobs are going NO WHERE cause Pancake been off for god knows how long now and frankly its making me a bit pissed off now and also worried but i'm hating how slow the rps are going now))

Autumn Leaf quite suddenly decides to make a run for it, no not out of cowardice but mostly he has lose interest in fighting or finding a female to mate with for the moment, plus not like he had a chance against Pyramos and he didn't want another male shoving his nose into the fight but he will be back for sure.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 2:47 pm

ooc: Not RPING on the boards yet, but I feel I must jump in to confront the issue regarding Pancake's absence. On DA, she had told me that life has been keeping her busy, but would try to come on soon and post where needed. Just want to inform you, Moonbacon, that we have a no flaming rule, meaning that making complaints about a member's lack of activity on the boards isn't permitted. The last time that happened it resulted in fights and near quittings. Please try to be patient and understanding when a member can't be on for a long period of time. What we could do is temporarily play her characters when needed until she returns.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 10:20 pm

ooc- Yes, we need to be patient and understand reasoning for long term disappearance. We should see though if she's okay with characters important to the group's progress being played as necessary.

P.S.- Was able to hook up a laptop temporarily while my pc is being cleansed.

ic-
Ares watches as the outmatched rover flees. Let him run. Let him spread word that this dominant couple will not be moved, and their mob will not be used for the benefit of others at their expense. She looks to Pyramos, who has proven his resilience and will to defend his position.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 8:55 am

Pyramos pursued the rover for a few yards, snapping at his rear before turning around, agitated growls rumbling in his chest. How he hated cowards... He furiously sent sand spraying up behind him as he marked the surrounding sand and grasses in his agitation. Tail held high, he bounded back towards the group. He was just ready to get on with the day. Looking behind, Pyramos growled again. He would certainly be watching for that rover in the future...

Returning, Pyramos paused next to Ares. Marking his new lady as well with a few raspy licks on her neck and shoulder, he waited for her to lead the group out again. The roving male had put him on even more of an edge- He would seal his place as Dominant male as soon as the others were busy.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 7:13 pm

ooc- LM is gone on extended hiatus, and we have yet to begin any important events concerning everyone in the mob, so I'm just going to continue. It's just Taakah and I though, so anyone who has characters that still need to join can do so whenever ready.

ic-
Ares nuzzles Pyramos for his victory and makes lead calls, leading them out once more. There has already been fighting over the male crown, but she's confident her own place is secure. They both know they need to produce a litter of pups to secure their positions, but she'll wait for Pyramos to make the first move.

The mob treks further, and upon approaching fertile land near a camel thorn tree and patches of long grass, she barks, indicating they will stop here. She begins to dig for food. Her beliefs were a hungry leader was a weak leader, so she never hesitates to be first to start foraging.

Zofia immediately takes sentry position on a large rock, usually not caring about eating right away.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 11:56 am

Having been hanging around the edges of the group and feeling intriged and unedged about the appearence of a rover, Swift paced the sand desperate to get involved in on the action but held herself back with gritted teeth. Until she had got to know Pyramos and understood his ways about leadship she couldn't just leap in on marking every male who approached the group as hositle and unleashing her negative feelings about ones who stated themselves as rovers. Kicking the sand out from behind her back legs in a triumphant display of victory for Pyramos as Autumn Leaf was observed scampering away into the vegetation, Swift shook her fur briskly to smooth her raised hackles and followed sharply to Ares's lead calls.

Kit on the other hand still dwelling on his brief uneventful encounter underground with the group's new resident dominant male had emerged and sluggishly trundled after the mature adults. He had raised his head as the call about Autumn Leaf's emergence had been alerted but had been too far behind to offer any participation. With the rover now only a second thought to his growing hunger, Kit aloofly follwed behind keeping Swift and Zofia in his sight until they reached Ares's chosen destination.

Noticing Zofia's intentions to stand on the first round of sentry duty, Swift eagerly begings to forage in close proximity to the other female. Whilst Kit's foraging intentions may only be focused on himself, hers will be about finding items that she can share initally with Zofia and then Ares if need be. Teamwork got them this far and in her mind the connection between them will see them through.
Pesistantly digging and uncovering a clawful of plump grubs, this is a great start for the day for the females if she can keep Kit in his place and not steal them.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 3:49 pm

Pyramos gladly accepted Ares's congratulations before hurrying after her, needing to get the rest of his energy and tension out. He had noticed Zofia's congratulations as well, and it made him feel good- Although it wasn't necessarily a victory, it was still part of becoming a dominant, he supposed.

By the time they reached her chosen foraging spot, Pyramos had forgotten about Autumn Leaf. Standing on his hind legs, he nodded to Zofia, acknowledging that she would take the first watch. His gaze passed over the other members before he huffed, searching for a meal.

Nudging his nose under the sand, he picked up the unmistakable scent of a scorpion. Wasting no time, he dragged the tasty prey out, surprised at its large size. He began snapping at its stinger, which only took him two snaps before the toxic tail was removed, and he held his prize between his teeth. Despite his hunger, he wasn't going to eat- Instead, he looked over at Ares.

Pyramos peeped at Ares with a grin on his face and an unarmed scorpion wiggling between his teeth. He was offering the large arachnid to her- but there was a catch... He began to trot away, looking back to see if she'd follow him.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Ares emerges from a hole she's been digging with a beetle in her mouth, which she quickly eats with pleased churrs. She looks up to see Pyramos presenting a scorpion to her. The younger female sees him trot away and follows close behind, having an idea of what his intent is.

Zofia nods as the others acknowledge her taking of sentry duty, keeping close watch for all threats and intruders. She's quiet but dutiful. The only one in the mob she has a close relationship with is Ares, who she's known all her life and practically saved her. Perhaps she should open up to getting to know the others as well. In time.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 6:25 am

Pyramos couldn't help a small grin as the lady followed him. Finally, he would officially become a big part of this mob and help it grow into something great. A brief sadness came over him as he remembered his birth family, but it was quickly replaced with good-willed determination. This time he wouldn't fail to protect his mob.

After leading Ares well away from the foraging party, he turned to her and churred, nipping her neck and then grooming her head, as if asking permission to take his place with her.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Ares looks at Pyramos with a smile. She thought the trick to lure her away from sight of the others with a scorpion was cheesy but cute. She knows he's anxious to solidify his position by mating with her before other males can get in the way. Having lead the surviving remnants of the Puzzles mob for over a week now, she also needs to solidify her position by getting pregnant, for the mob's long term survival. He's already shown her he has the genes and personality to be a good leader and father, and with his romantic advances, she's fallen for his charm. She churrs and gets closer to him, grooming under his chin.

Zofia looks around, having by now noticed Pyramos and Ares have sneaked of. She pays no attention, assuming what they left for.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 5:28 pm

(( I forgot he still had the scorpion xD ))

Ares seemed to like his cheesy little proposal, which was good. Pyramos had dropped the scorpion by accident, but reached down and grasped it in his jaws and offered it to her once more. He was very nervous indeed, and was being a little awkward, but he knew this was a vital process in helping their mob grow- And so he would do it.

After she ate his offering, he would mount her and the deed would be done almost as soon as it began. Pyramos felt a spark of excitement as he imagined little pups roaming around the burrow, and he eagerly groomed Ares's forehead once more.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 9:21 pm

ooc- I'll wait for LM after this post.

ic-
Ares churrs as Pyramos grooms her forehead. Soon she will give a mating call and cement their role as the mob's only permitted breeding couple. She delays almost intentionally, however, wishing to remain in his company longer. Although they just met earlier in the day, she feels a sense of security and love. Having been orphaned at just 2 weeks old and raised in a hostile mob, she's never really felt either.

Having almost forgotten the scorpion, she takes the time to eat it and thank the male with tender grooming on his neck and shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 4:50 am

The warm sands. He looked around a bit, his soft brown eyes scanning around. The skinny male had been walking for a long time. He needed a real home, not just one to stay at for the sake of resting. So, he told himself, the next mob he came across... He would make it his permanent home. Unless he didn't like it. But he hoped the next mob he would encounter would be a good one. Maybe his brother would be there. Maybe. He noticed a spot that seemed good to forge and moved toward there slowly. Some food sounded good, he needed to recover his strength anyways.

He didn't notice he was walking toward where Zofia was currently forging, more focused on figuring out his plans of joining a mob for good and also wanting to fill his stomach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)   Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Puzzles, Day 1 (July 12, Year 1)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next