Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Meyerm

Meyerm

Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) Empty
PostSubject: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:20 pm

We said it was okay to start taking die toss numbers for litters the game day of conception to give plenty of time for prep. I'll only being doing litter size for right now, but I've taken the initiative to try this new method and perhaps use it as an example for others to follow. I'll be using the one die toss website shown in the discussion that allows records on die tossing to be kept. I'll do it in a little bit.

The website I used for the rolls is this:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/13806/

----------------------------------------
DIE ROLLING DATA
----------------------------------------

Litter conceived?: Yes (skipped for day 1 matings of dominants)

Litter size: 6

Number of pups who will survive: 5 (1 dies due to litter of six, but rolled in favor of 2nd pup living)

Last edited by Meyerm on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 11:10 pm

Any update? I'm interested to see what happens the first time we test this system.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 11:44 pm

Yea me too, i wanna roll for Lucille and Joestar and maybe Xyleath and Kirara's litter it doesn't hurt to plan ahead.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 11:10 am

Turns out the best one that was shown when we were discussing it, for some reason, nolonger exists. I've found a different one, however, which records how many times you rolled, and with full screen capture, can use the computer's own clock to determine authenticity. I will roll at 12:12 central time.

Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 11:19 am

Minor technical issues delayed posting. This is the first result.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/19/29/12/08/testa12.png
Control is 5. Will roll final at 12:21, central.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 11:23 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/19/29/12/08/testb10.png

Final roll is 6. As you can see at the bottom, there were 2 rolls, 5 and 6, making 50% each. The litter size is 6.

Sorry for repeat posts, this was the only way I could think of for an air-tight authentic roll.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Have you rolled to determine how many pups will survive? (I remember we agreed the number will have a higher chance when it is a dominant litter)
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Not yet. I'm not sure if we finalized the rules regarding rolling for pup survival, though. I'll keep all information obtained from rolls for this litter in the first post.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 10:36 pm

I decided I'm going to not play Uma, I had no plans for her and I don't want to have an uninspired character, so I am interested in a pup if possible. ^^
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 10:44 pm

In time. I would rather wait on adoption to ensure people active at the time of birth will be adopting. Too many uncertainties now. We should also finalize the rules before proceeding with more rolls.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 11:52 pm

Alright, I understand. When will Pan be back? She has the best idea of the rules.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 2:39 am

Heres some things about rolling for litter sizes.

DOMINANT PREGNANCIES: A 5-sided die is thrown.

1=yes
2=yes
3=yes
4=yes, but litter is either stillborn or aborted
5=no

SUBORDINATE PREGNANCIES: A 3-sided die is thrown.

1=yes
2=yes, but litter is either stillborn or aborted
3=no

DOMINANT LITTERS: A 6-sided die is thrown. When determining size, you can make either 1, 5, 6 a 'Try Again', depending on whether you want a large or small litter.

1 = 1 pup, no deaths
2 = 2 pups, no deaths
3 = 3 pups, no deaths
4 = 4 pups, no deaths (a 2-sided die is thrown... if a 1, 1 pup dies)
5 = 5 pups, 1 death
6= 6 pups, 1 death (a 2-sided die is thrown... if a 1, a 2nd pup dies)

SUBORDINATE LITTERS: A 6-sided die is thrown. When determining size, you can make either 1, 5, 6 a 'Try Again', depending on whether you want a large or small litter.

1 = 1 pup, no deaths
2 = 2 pups, no deaths
3 = 3 pups, no deaths (a 2-sided die is thrown... if a 1, 1 pup dies)
4 = 4 pups, 1 death
5 = 5 pups, 1 death (a 2-sided die is thrown... if a 1, a 2nd pup dies)
6 = 6 pups, 2 deaths
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 3:29 pm

Thank you. Then we shall roll again. 1-3 is a second pup dies, 4-6 only 1 dies.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/19/29/12/08/testc10.png
Control toss is a 5, tossing for final at 4:31, central time.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 3:33 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f18/19/29/12/08/testd10.png

Final toss is a 4. Only 1 pup dies. This leaves a total of 5 pups that will live to be adopted.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 4:33 pm

Is there any way to determine how the pup will die or is that totally up to you? (It has slipped my mind)

Btw, thanks for providing an example for the rest of us to follow. (-:
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 5:52 pm

I'm guessing the mother's owner gets to choose. It wouldn't matter so long as they die early on. And thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 8:06 pm

Might be a good opportunity to have Xy slide in Wink
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 10:48 am

<span id="sceditor-start-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none; " class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none; " class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"></span>Id love to adopt one of those 5 pups.

In the meantime can someone roll for KiraraxXyleath? Im on mobile so i cant do it my self currently, (though the story for Xyleath and Kirara relies on just having two living ones )
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 3:34 pm

Taakah wrote:
Might be a good opportunity to have Xy slide in Wink

Possibly. We can discuss over pm. As for other litters, I think we should have separate threads for each litter, then delete them once the litters are born.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 5:26 pm

I agree with that, except delete after rolling is done and we can have a sticky "Pregnancy Tracker" thread, as well as a stickied litter adoption thread when time comes. ??
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Alright, Meyerm. PM'd

It would be really cool to have a site family tree for each mob, tracing their heritage along the way. Mixed mob members could be shown between family trees or something..
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Perhaps. For now, however, we should move forward. Is there away to email or otherwise contact the people we're waiting on off-site?
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 8:01 pm

I am FB friends with Pan, but she is on vacation I believe and we should let her be. I played Lucille for her, so things can move along in at least one mob.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 4:53 am

Rolled for Xyleath x Kirara's litter

First roll: Got a 1 which means she got pregnant.

Second Roll: Got a 4 so 4 pups and 1 death

Lucille x Joestar

First Roll: Got a 1 which means Lucille gets pregnant

Second Roll: Got a 2 which means 2 pups and no deaths.

I might be doing this wrong but its a try
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)   Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ares+Pyramos litter calculations (trial/example)
Page 1 of 1