Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The winner has been decided...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

The winner has been decided... Empty
PostSubject: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:18 am

Okay, I got my brother to judge the groups, and he has made his decision.
The winner of the competition is (*Drumroll*)

Meerkat and her Jamma mob.

My brother said he like this mob because of it's laid back attitude. He said "I liked entry 1 (The Jamaa Mob) and entry 2 (The Rangers Mob) the most, even though they were two very different mobs. I liked the first one because of their caring and laid back attitude, but I liked the fierceness of the second one. I liked them both and I didn't know which one to pick, but I decided the first one because I liked their personality."

I'd like to congratulate all the people who entered. All of your entries were really good, but unfortuantly there could only be one winner. I will open a forum for the new mob in a few days, and roleplaying will begin on the next roleplay day.

Here are the entries for all to read:

Entry One (Meerkat's Jamaa Mob)

Mob name: Jamaa (means family in Swahili.)

Personality: The Jamaa mob is generally laid back and caring for eachother. They don't seem to care if one of the members who isn't the leader falls pregnant and in the presence of rivals would rather reason with them rather than fight. Predators like small snakes and animals like mongooses that could harm pups are not harrassed unless one of the members is hurt first. They do not tolerate puff adders or cobras though. They do not try to expand their territory unless they have little or no food and prefer to suck up to save their face rather than get their paws dirty. Most of the members have to personalities of stereotypical people. (Eg bossy big sister, annoying little brother, depressed big brother who would likely start to rove and fall in love, dirt eating pup, "daddy's little" pup who never leaves her dad's side, ect.)

First member: The mob was started by a lone female named Aliya who was evicted by her mob after falling pregnant by a rover. Aliya found the rover after her eviction and together they looked for other lone/evicted meerkats and slowly but surely started to form a mob. Aliya then gave birth to her pups. Most of the old members are still in the mob as the leader Aliya never evicts her members, knowing herself what it's like to be isolated from her mob. She also is willing to adopt pups and care for the pups of others in the group like her own. She rules alongside her mate the rover...(the name will be decided by the person who plays him). She is not afraid of rivals, but fears inflicting pain on others, especially pups. It's hard to make her mad also and murder is the only thing that'll make her snap.

Entry Two (Kusuma's Rangers Mob)

The Rangers. Based on the book the Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan. Rangers are secretive warriors who use their intelligence, courage, ability to move around unseen, and skills with bows and knives to protect the kingdom of Araluen. Will is a young boy among many others who will be chosen by someone to become an apprentice. Each teacher selects a student, the Ranger named Halt, chose Will. Will was unsure of himself at first, but quickly learned to become a well trained ranger.
I was thinking for the RP. the Rangers could be a mob that could slip through another's territory without notice, only their scent a mark that they were ever there. When they are caught in battle, they fight feriously and ferousiosly. Sometimes a member of another mob might wander off and catch a glympse of a member from the Rangers, only to watch as they seemed to vanish into the shadows in the blink of an eye.

Although the rangers in the book were mostly loners, the mob could make an exellent force of unity. They are like the ghosts of the Kalahari, like the legends that everyone speaks of, but no one has ever actually seen them...

Characters from the book that can be made to characters in the rp:

Halt - a grumpy meerkat who is the eldest in the mob... but don't dare think he has lost skill along with youth, he is one of the most fame members of the mob for his expiriance and great abilities.

Will - A young male around a year of age that is eager to learn as much as he can from Halt. He is one of the most elusive members of the group. He is fast, cunning, and smart.

Gilan - Halt's former apprentice who always tries to outwit the elder. He sneaks up on him, he pounces out of nowhere, but he ust can't seem to suprise Halt, but he keeps trying. XD He's the joker.

Evanlyn - She was a part of a group that was attacked and killed and she was the sole survivor. She is about will's age, and there's a bit of an interest between them...

Entry Three (Stormy's Blackfoot Mob)

This mob is named after a Native American tribe. This mob isn't the largest, thus helping them maintain order and less group splits. (I pictures the size of never reaching more than twenty two or so) The members of this mob are loyal, and don't usually back down from challenges. The members of this mob also have darker colored feet, another reason for this name. This mob can creep others out at times with their strange talk and ways. Some members are hot-headed, others calm an peaceful. Much variety of personalities lie in the mob, but as mob character they are brave, a little creepy, and loyal.
Main enemies would be- Devils, Unknown (while they're around) and Reapers.
My first character would be White Fawn, the Dominant female. Paler in color than most, White Fawn is sleek and tends to hop around like a deer more than run. She's loyal and loving, but isn't afraid to fight for what she thinks is right. Evicts females at any time during pregnancy or even when not, her biggest pet peeve is challengers and ignorant rebellious females. (That's why the mob stays small)

Entry Four (Maybelline's Valkyrie Mob)

Group Name - The Valkyries (VK)

Current Group Composition:

Odin (DM) – A large six year old meerkat with an aggressive streak. With previous dominant male experience under his belt he will go to any length to ensure his command remains unchallenged. Not one to charge head first into a battle, he leaves that task for his dominant female and allows her to be the one to lead the subordinates in a tactical manoeuvre “The Flight” to choose the first victim who will receive the full brunt of the damage. As their name suggests this is how they choose who deserves to be slain (Or badly injured).

Ragnarok (DF) – A year and eleven month old female who shares Odin’s taste for aggression and violence. Currently pregnant with Odin’s pups, she has the vital role of taking command in any enemy encounter and keeping the subordinate Valkyries in check.

Valhalla – (See specific meerkat bio)

Mist ‘The cloudy one’– A young five month old pup, daughter of Valhalla.
Kara ‘The stormy one’ - A young five month old pup, daughter of Ragnarok.
Hilda – A two month old pup, twin of Alerune, daughter of Ragnarok.
Alerune – A two month old pup, twin of Hilda, daughter of Ragnarok.
Three unnamed subordinates – Ages and personalities vary according to players choice.

Group personality and history
Unusual for meerkat society this group is ruled by the large dominant male Odin and his choice of female partner currently Ragnarok. Under Odin’s rule so far no male pups have survived infancy and any subordinate male that tries to join the group is quickly ousted.
Originally formed in roughly March 2009, Odin abandoned his position alongside his dying dominant female Freya and joined up with two wild female sisters Valhalla and Ragnarok. Originally choosing Valhalla as his first mate, the three meerkats continued their meek existence alone until the birth of the first litters of pups in the group in early May 2009. Ragnarok had mated with a wild rover whilst in her natal group and gave birth to a litter of three pups, whilst Valhalla had mated with Odin and also gave birth to a litter of three a few weeks later. Not wanting to compromise his status Odin killed the four young males and only the two females: Mist and Kara survived to leave the burrow on their dates of emerging.
Having learnt what Odin had done to her sons and nephews; Valhalla rebelled against her mate and was swiftly demoted from her position as dominant female by sister Ragnarok.
With the addition of three more subordinate wild females, the group was strong enough to support Ragnarok’s second litter of pups, twin female sisters Hilda and Alerune born in August.
Migrating South towards the boundary of the research area the group are currently looking to find a larger territory with plenty of resources available to support Ragnarok’s (and unknowingly Vahlalla's) latest developing offspring.

Individual Personality
Name: Valhalla

Living relatives: Her sister Ragnarok and their latest offspring.

Personality: Valhalla is very calm and gentle meerkat compared to her aggressive dominant sister Ragnarok and is usually the last of the Valkyries to join in with a charge in the event of an encounter. Resentful of her former mate’s choice to kill most of her first litter of pups, Valhalla is ever rebelling to try and knock old Odin down a peg or two. Currently carrying her own litter of pups she is determined to ensure that they all survive and make it out of the burrow without Odin intervening.

History: Born into a wild group of meerkats to a weak subordinate female in the dryer region to the North West of the research area, Vahalla’s early life was impacted by the tragic predation of her mother just after she was old enough to emerge. Feeling the loss, Valhalla looked to sister Ragnarok for support but only got bullied as a result. Through her early teens she watched the group’s numbers dwindle and eventually several members of the group died from malnutrition, predation and the odd occasional snake bite. With the surviving males in the natal group seeing this event as an opportunity to leave the group and seek pastures and females anew, only a few females were left to support the dominant pair in trying to regain their swindling numbers.
Losing the dominant male several months later, was another heavy blow to the group but it encouraged roving males to frequently visit the females and several of the subordinates became pregnant alongside the dominant female.
Accidently being too close to her sister after she had returned from being caught in the paws of a rover, the dominant female evicted the sisters and chased them away from the group.
Neither Valhalla nor her sister Ragnarok returned to the natal group and the original group’s current whereabouts and condition remain unknown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:14 am

Really? I didn't think I'd win. Thankyou Very Happy. The other mobs are really good though. Smile
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:17 am

Congratulations Meerkats and well done to Kusuma and Stormy also for entering. All the mobs designed were very different and a pleasure to read about.
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

Location : Hanging off the edge of a cliff... HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 am

Yay Meerkats! ^^ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://desertwarriorsexp.forummotion.com
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:47 am

Congratz Meerkats! I wasn't expecting to win anyways, so I'm glad for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:17 am

Lol, I was quite suprised too when he chose you mob, just because I was expecting him to chose Kusuma's or Maybelline's. They just seemed like the ones I thought would appeal to him.
Anyway, I'll open a forum for the Jamaa mob some time soon, and you can post up an adoption list. Roleplay will begin on the next roleplay day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Okay. I'll do that soon.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:52 pm

I was on little sleep, and it sucked horribly. I realized just how much I could have done better. oh well, I still like Meerkats better anyways. xD
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

Location : Hanging off the edge of a cliff... HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:10 pm

They have the same icon I gave the Desert Demons. O.O
Back to top Go down
http://desertwarriorsexp.forummotion.com
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:46 pm

I would have entered the contest if I knew it was going on, but Meerkat's idea would beat any of mine. So the mob's DF is going to be easy going with pregnant subordinates?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:16 am

I was thinking of her being alright with pregnant subordinates. If they ever harm any of her pups though, they'll be sorry XD.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:25 am

Hmm... that gives me an idea for a plot. Anyway, when is the map of the mobs going to be updated?
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Soon. Where abouts do you want the Jamaa mob to be, meerkats?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:42 am

Could they be near the Reapers or Midnights? I think putting them near a mean mob makes the RP more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:00 am

Sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The winner has been decided...   The winner has been decided... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The winner has been decided...
Page 1 of 1