Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplay - 20th January

Go down 
+3
StormyMeerkat
YoshKatgirl
little_maybelline
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Night

Night

Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:14 pm

((OOC: Sorry for the holdup, 4th of July stuff and my youngest niece and nephews are over, so been babysitting. =P))

Lumina decides its time to forge at long last, her stomach was growling a bit. She sent out calls.

Ashtail looks over at Lumina and walks over.

Saja smiles at Pippin and Merry. She had begun to see Buckeye's remaining pups as little brothers, and she adored the younger pups. She hears Lumina however. Aww, already time to go? Oh well, she can spend time with the two while they forge. She was growing hungry anyhow.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 8:58 pm

ooc: It's okay Night. ^^ Family comes first. =3

Lancaster was watching the little ones' adorable antics when he heard Lumina's lead vocalizations reverberate through the air. Oooh, it's time to go foraging. He quickly gets on all fours and eagerly makes his departure from burrow premises after the matriarch, looking forward to today's adventure. After cantering a few yards, he pauses to wait for his beloved to catch up.

Hearing the dominant female's lead vocalizations, Tank obediently follows. He seems quite nonchalant with the change in dominance, despite his occassional moments of doubt, but is willing to give them a chance to prove their worth. Perhaps today Fate plans to put them both in a situation where their true qualities shall be revealed. Will they have what it takes to lead the Willows successfully?
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Chloe sits up from her place in the sand, shakes her pelt free of any stray orange grains, and follows the dominant female out. Her stomach growls as she walks with a skip in her step.

Lucky drops to all fours and follows his new partner out. He falls in pace with her, but keeps his eyes towards the sky. He isn't focused on the ground, thus causing his paw to catch on a root protruding from the ground. The male goes face first into the sand. Embarrassed, Lucky gets back up and shakes his pelt free of sand, but he's thoroughly embarrassed as well as questioning his ability to be dominant male. it is only his first day on the job, and he's known for getting hard on himself, but he feels like a failure already.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 2:05 am

With Lumina's vocalizations ringing in the air, Josephine knew it was time to lead out foraging. Occasionally they had taken the three young pups with them around the burrow complex but never far out to the best digging grounds. Noticing Lancaster stand and leave after Lumina, she gathered it was time.
Having watched Root Beer emerge not too long ago, she rounded up the little ones and nudged them along in the direction of the lead calls.

Hearing Lumina's lead calls, Pippin stopped what he was doing and sat up briefly on his back legs. It was that strange time again when all the adults left, even Saja was going. Would they take him along today too?....YES!!! how exciting!!
Chirping with delight he hopped around the other two pups desperate to be the centre of attention. He had to lead them, he wanted to be at the front of their formation.

Hunkered down low, Merry didn't really want to leave the safety of the burrow complex. If they left they may end up disappearing like their mother Buckeye, what if Josephine vanished too? then who would feed and care for them?
It was only Root Beer bumping into him that snapped him out of his concerned state.

Scent marking an overhanging branch with his chin, Kir Royale settled himself in the shade with a content bellyful of food. It sure had been rich pickings and only twice had he needed to dash for cover after a shadow spooked him. After a short rest he'd continue to press forward and who knows maybe he'd meet the owners of the main scent trails.

Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 2:29 pm

Molly follows lastly, looking around as she followed the group.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Lucky's not exactly sure what to do just yet. He can't remember how his father led the group, as it's been such a large span of time, so he just falls into pace with Lumina, keeping one eye peeled for trouble and the other for any more spare tree roots. He's not looking forward to any of that happening again.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:05 am

Separated again. Whoop de do.
Her natal mob, the Tiny Kats, the Willows, the Comets, then the Aurelias...
Then, she was lost again.
How... Unfortunate.
Her name was Clover. She was nearing adulthood now...
Still so much ahead of her in life.
But... Everyone she knew was gone.
She checked the Comets... Cloud Catcher, gone.
She couldn't find the Tiny Kats, so Morning Glory was gone too.
She had begun searching for the Willows.
Maybe... Maybe someone would remember her.
This is Clover's last hope. She sighs, searching over the horizon...
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:00 am

There's a lone figure in the Willows territory. He's skinny, scraggly and underfed. Ticks cluster his face. Since the dispersal of the Unknowns he'd followed Cheyenne, Ice and Fire to a mysterious range he hadn't known before. She'd joined up with her old mob, killing their nicer dominant female and taking over. Tuck took the dominant's pups and with the help of Fire and two females and a male from the other mob saved them. Cheyenne eventually found them, and wounded Tuck. He's been on his own since a month before his first birthday- he's now roughly a year and a little over a month, and he needs to find the Willows, but more importantly, Clover. He sees a lone female in the grass. Wait, could it really be? He thinks it is. With a sudden burst of energy the male runs forward, barreling into her and peeping enthusiastically. Clover! Clover! It's me, Tuck! He's never forgotten the days he spent with her as a young pup.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:59 am

Having witnessed Lucky's embarrassing moment earlier, Tank elevates his pace to match the new patriarch's, walking along his left side. From the look of concern upon his visage, it's obvious he didn't find the male's face making contact with the sand very funny. To laugh at someone of authority would just be impudent and immature, perhaps even foolish, as some dominants wouldn't tolerate insolent behavior and wouldn't hesitate to harshly discipline the inconsiderate. Tank peeps, asking Lucky if he's okay.

Lancaster hadn't witnessed Lucky's embarrassing moment as he has been quite occupied with supervising the little ones and admiring the pulchritude of his beloved Josephine.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 2:24 pm

ooc: I'm going to wait for Night before posting again.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Lumina had to hold back from laughing when Lucky trips. But its all right. Once they arrive at the forging patch, she begins to forge. She's also considering that she should have Lucky mate with her... As the dominant, she had to reproduce, and keep her line strong.

Ashtail decides to do some sentry duty and goes ontop of a fallen log, scanning around.

Saja begins to dig as well when they arrive at the forging patch.

A foreign golden-colored male was asleep within a tree, which had a huge hole at the bottom. He was breathing softly as he slept, things had been hard since he was separated from his sister... He doesn't know he's a little ways away from the Willows's forging ground. When he wakes up, he might be lucky and get accepted.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Molly began to forge as well, hungrily.

(By the way, is there any inactive characters here? Unlike my Aunt, its hard for me to make up characters. xD So perhaps I could adopt a few of the inactive characters, if there is any?)
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:34 pm

(ooc: Sure Eclipse, I'm sure there are plenty available that you can adopt.
Adult male - Damien  3yrs old. Lots about him on his bio thread.
Adult female - Evyanne 2yrs old. Shy, though once you get to know her, she becomes more outgoing. She is also kind at heart. Rest is rather a blank canvas that can be developed.
Adult female - Mercy 1y 3m old. Kind, gentle, curious and tends to get in to stuff that she is better staying away from. Also unplayed so rest is blank.
A few pups from Buckeye's 2nd to last litter 3m 10d old - Ivy, Jamela and Meg (all female). All quite blank canvases too.
TankXMaylene's daughter - Olivia 2m 10d old. Sister to Saja, niece to Lancaster. Her siblings Snicker and Triscuit were killed by Ghost.

If you are after anymore suggestions I can have a look at my main list depending on what type of character you are after)

Blushing at Lancaster, Josephine wore a huge smile as she hurried the three tottering pups along in front of her. Contained in this little scene was everything she could have ever wanted in the world and every second she counted herself the luckiest lady in the entire Kalahari. The only thing that could make their lives even was more complete was the confirmation of her secret news, it was still far too easy days and even though she wanted to share it she just couldn't in fear of disappointing her beloved and what remained of his small family.

Bounding all over the place, Pippin was thoroughly enjoying his adventure. The grass was gigantic and there was sand everywhere on the horizon that even formed mountains. This new world was amazing, maybe this is definitely why the adults left home everyday.

Unlike his brother, Merry kept stopping at random intervals. He liked to complain about everything even that his shadow was stalking him. It was only Josephine's determined nudges that got him back up on his feet every time. Why did he have to walk so far?
About to whine about wanting to be carried, Root Beer dashed past him after Pippin and covered him in a spray of sand.

Hearing the sound of lead calls across the foraging patch, Kir Royale bolted upright, now alert and awake. Maybe the sound was from the owners of the larder he had raided not too long ago? Maybe this was his chance to observe and interact with a potential new family.
Carefully leaving the shade of the tree, he hurried in the direction of the Willows unaware that two young adults would also be making their way along a similar path and one of them was even his blood relation.

Last edited by little_maybelline on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:50 pm

ooc: There's also Olivia, Tank and Maylene's other daughter. She's not deceased, just dispersed. If you'd like Eclipse, you could bring her back. I know Tank would be immensely delighted, lol. X3 Gonna wait for Stormy and Pancake before I post.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:59 pm

(ooc: Aww Olivia could be a nice character for Eclipse to have. That would be nice for Tank and give Eclipse a plot opportunity for development if you reintroduce Maylene Yosh ^^. I'll add her to the list above.)
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:57 am

ooc: To make things interesting, I'm gonna bring back Maylene. X3 It's up to Eclipse on whether she wants to adopt Olivia or not. Tank will be angry with Maylene for abandoning him and their pups for a while. I plan for Maylene to prove to Tank, Saja and maybe Olivia she genuinely cares about them somehow and she and Tank will thus reconcile. That sounds good, LM.=3
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:38 pm

ooc: Sounds an awesome idea Yoshkat. I can't wait to see it in action I love Tank and Lancaster soo much as characters. I'm ok if you want to have Tank take over as DM still for a while also.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:07 pm

ooc: Yeah, I'm excited for this plot too. I actually missed the Tank and Maylene relationship but she won't be aloof with Tank like AllysonIsBella made her to be. She's going to be more maternal and passionate towards her family. I may even have Tank and Maylene conceive another litter in the future. =3 I might have Tank occupy the DM position temporarily then resign to focus more on rekindling his bond with Maylene and to start a new family. =3

Not having much of an appetite at the moment, Tank decides to join Ashtail on sentry duty, clambering to the apex of the first drie doring bush that he makes visual contact with. It takes him a while to gain his balance on the flimsy, thin branches, but straightening his posture and dangling his tail seems to have resolved his precarious balancing troubles. As his orbs survey the foreground and distant terrain for threats, he's relieved to see the only mammals in the vicinity are herds of gemsbok, steenbok and a few water buffalo. The atmosphere is tranquil, but Tank remains alert, as he knows very well tranquility could turn into grave danger in an instant.

As Lancaster commences his search for sustenance, he makes sure to keep in close proximity to his beloved and the little ones, poised to defend them with his life should a threat abruptly manifest in the immediate area. He's visually composed and nonchalant, but internally he's nervous, his pulse rapid. In a few short weeks, Josephine will begin putting on weight in the midsection, piquing the interests of the mob individuals and leading them to suspect the female may be expecting infants. Buckeye was a mellow and tolerant matriarch when it came to subordinate females reproducing, having never committed infanticide that Lancaster is aware of. However, once Lumina discovers Josephine's surreptitious secret, the consequences could be catastrophic. The clock is ticking and it's only be a matter of time before Lumina discovers Josephine is pregnant and will be faced with the dilemma of should she spare Josephine from barbaric punishment or banish her to the perilous life of solitude.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:36 pm

(Wow, that's quite a lot. xD Olivia sounds adorable, I'll be glad to adopt her. Smile I'll also adopt Damien and Evyenne. :3 Don't want overload myself too bad like my Aunt tends to do, lol. xP)
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:53 pm

((OOC: Oh haha. XP I like having variety. XD But I'm glad Olivia will be played again, Saja will be very happy to have a littermate around. X3 No doubt Tank will be happy to see another child is still alive. ^^ Also, that plot sounds cool Yosh, can't wait to see it in action~))
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:05 pm

ooc: Tank will certainly be in a state of euphoria when Olivia's back in his biological family fold. X3 I'll probably bring Maylene in at some point during the mob's foraging. =3
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Lucky decides to stand sentry first. He's known for having a keen eye for danger and ladies alike, so he sees it fit he takes the first shift for the day. He sees no apparent danger and relaxes, taking in a Kalahari morning. He's unaware of Lumina considering mating with him, but he wouldn't turn her down...

Chloe stops and begins shoveling sand away, using her long claws to dig up her first course of the day- scorpion. It's a small one but she doesn't mind, quickly disarming it and gulping down the desert morsel.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:35 pm

ooc: V.excited now about the plot Yosh ^^
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 3:56 pm

ooc: 83. Gonna wait until the Tuck and Clover plot is over with first before bringing in Maylene so as to avoid having too much going on at once.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Tuck's so overjoyed to see Clover he can't really process. He continues to happily groom her, peeping excitedly.

Lucky still sees nothing of cause for alarm on his sentry duties. He relaxes a little and sits back on the tree stump, gazing out onto the horizon.

Chloe finds an anthill next. She's not in the mood for big snacks after her scorpion, so she heads for the tinier morsels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplay - 20th January
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next