Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout Empty
PostSubject: Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout   Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 2:52 pm

Name: Zephy

Relationships:
Father: Unnamed Wild/Deceased
Mother: Unnamed Wild/Deceased
Sister:  Unnamed Wild/ Whereabouts Unknown
Brother: Unnamed Wild/ Whereabouts Unknown
Mate: ?Wendy? Fiddle Nips/ Living
Children: None

Description
Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout Se7rwl
Zephy is a meerkat of size, larger than most in height and stature. He measures in around 1 foot 3 inches, 3 above the average of a meerkat, and weighs nearly three pounds instead of two. Muscle ripples under his unique pelt, but he is also slightly stocky, and not all of his poundage is attributed to his muscle mass. Given his size he's considerably slow compared to a normal meerkat, but makes up for it in strength. With a very pale pelt and very dark brown stripes, he has a unique pelt that generates a sense of allure. Zephy's underbelly is lighter than his creamy pelt, and he has long dark stockings on all four feet. His appearance is unique and he is generally handsome.

Personality
At his core Zephy is one thing- selfless. He's a layered 'kat, but all of his decisions orient around the grounds of "Will this be better for us?" or "Will this be better for her\him\them?" For such a small little animal he's proven he has an ability to care very deeply for others, from mates to family to group mates. His heart is large and he never hesitates to induct someone new into it. On the surface he is perky, friendly and radiates a warm, welcoming aurora. His openness turns Zephy into a natural leader, a personality ones follow with ease as he is seemingly always humble and level-headed.

However, his selflessness has a side that turns around and bites him. For his whole life, Zephy has lived with self-doubt and anxiety. He puts too much pressure on himself for the simplest things, and whenever someone is upset, it's his fault. He's slightly a perfectionist, which is why when things go astray he crashes. He's always questioning himself, for his value of himself is very low. Living with his demons is very difficult, so he tries his hardest to make himself seem the exact opposite, and that drive is what creates his ability to be a leader. He's felt real pain, and devotes himself to protecting others from it.

History
He was born into a small family in the second litter. The survival rate of the pups was low and only one survived from each litter, despite them being substantially large at birth. It was some time before he had siblings again, and was often the one left behind to care for them, as his older brother had been taken under his father's wing. Underfed and underloved, he did not grow much, and remained smaller than normal for a fair amount of his juvenile life.

He suddenly hit a growth spurt and became the largest in his family in both height and weight. He wasn't taken lightly anymore and began to explore the world more and allow himself to develop. He began to teach himself how to battle his anxiety and grew as a meerkat, and soon became a key role in his family.

When Zephy was three and a half disaster struck and his father was killed by predation. He filled in to the best of his ability, defending his family and keeping everyone calm. His mother refused to take a mate and soon their numbers dwindled until only he, his mother, brother and sister remained. His mother eventually succumbed to TB and the three siblings parted.

As most males do, he took a roving venture, but was largely unsuccessful and gradually began to drift from the life of a lone male. He began to miss the comfort of his family, and found he better dealt with his anxiety when a heavy amount of responsibility was pressing on his shoulders. He began to look for a new home quickly after.

Last edited by StormyMeerkat on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout   Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 3:04 pm

Aww he is a really nice character Stormy, anxiety isn't an easy thing to deal with. I'm wondering now as I write my bio if my character would be better off in a subordinate role to support a character like yours.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout   Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 3:08 pm

Awh, LM post your bio and we can discuss. ^^
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout   Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Other staff members - tell me if you disagree - but I would like to see a little more in your character descriptions, Stormy.  A design is good, but there's more to a meerkat physically than its colors and markings.  Strengths and weaknesses, what they're good at, and generally a good idea of what the character's physique is like.  Doesn't need to be anything extreme or long, just a few sentences would be enough.  I kinda put this out in a topic I posted awhile back, but of course I'm not sure if the others share my opinions so I'll see what they have to say.  Sorry if I seem out of line or anything >.<

In terms of your character... I absolutely adore him ^^ He's perfect for the Fiddle Nips and he seems like he'll be fun to play with.  Well done~
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout   Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:00 pm

I agree, I'll go back in my bios and add that when I can. Should be tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout   Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 7:55 pm

Alright, edited.. Is that better?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout   Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 8:50 pm

Perfect, thank you ^^
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout   Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 1:02 am

Accepted, 1/2
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout   Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Accepted 2/2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout   Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zephy: Dominant Male Tryout
Page 1 of 1