Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BETA RULES DISCUSSION

Go down 
+5
Night
StormyMeerkat
YoshKatgirl
Meyerm
Pancake
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:54 pm

We do have 2 new users who have yet to post.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:04 pm

To clarify, Emberria is Shadow, and I invited her here. She's planning on trying out for a spot.

So is Nini, LM was but I think she's not sure now. But no one has expressed interest in the matriarch of FN at all, which is worrying.

I'm not sure what Youssy and Eclipse plan to do though
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Anyone ever hear from Kusuma?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:29 pm

We don't really have a way to contact her, unfortunately...

Also the only contested spot is the FN DM, once Nini posts her entry. But all the others... not so much.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:34 pm

Mobs are unstable early in their formation. There can be overthrows if someone shows up wanting a position held by a placeholder dominant. After those who specifically said they would participate have said if they want dominant spots, any remaining should be occupied by others. We can't wait on people we don't even know want to play.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Pan, Nini is applying for FN DF. I'm fairly sure. I could be wrong, though, I'll have to look.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:49 pm

But she told me in the chatbox earlier today she was trying for DM o-o

And you're right, Meyerm. We actually didn't really play all the dominants in the beginning, either.

Oh we also have to determine how each mobs starts, then sort out the starting members accordingly, but we can't actually do that until we know who the dominants are...
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 pm

You are probably right then, but I swear she said DF in "New Mobs" thread?

Oh well, we'll await it either way.

So should we start deciding dominants..?
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 10:01 pm

That would be the next move, yes. Decide dominants, get back from pending applicants.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 10:07 pm

Well, I like Pyramos and Ares for the Puzzles... since we have people interested in the other two DM spots we'll have to wait there. Then there's Lucille, which I can't speak in behalf of XD
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 10:15 pm

I vote Pyramos and Ares for the Puzzels and Lucille for the Nightingales.

Also, I checked the thread I thought Nini said she was interested in FN DF, she did say she was interested in the DF, but given her headaches maybe she's changed her mind?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Now she's just confused xD
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 10:41 pm

xD

We can wait, she's in no need to rush. We can consider rovers being temporary DMs while we wait for memebers to create permanent characters.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 11:56 am

Well, that doesn't solve our FN DF problem, lol

Maybe we need a temporary one? That can be the one that Prince attempts to settle down with, maybe?
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:01 pm

Maybe the FN start out as a roving coliation, and evicted females gradually begin to filter in?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:28 pm

That was one of the ideas, yes. As long as I can still do my plot, I'm good owo
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:29 pm

OKAY

Okay, I thought about it and I decided since DMs are being shown more interest, and only Meyerm has done a DF, I'll try out for the FNs DF. XD

Sorry for the confusion, I got mixed myself for a while.

Anyways... Hope that clears things up. I'll try to get a tryout done some time this week.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:33 pm

Ok sweet :3

So we're just waiting on Nini and Shadow~
Back to top Go down
Youssarian

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 7:36 pm

RE: Dice and randomness, there's a site called random.org and it's fantastic and I use it for everything that's based on randomness. Their stuff is actually true randomness; most other "random" generators actually run on an algorithm.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks for the site Temp! ^^
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 5:53 am

I've been scanning through the boards and wondered should we clarify some values for accepted sizes and weights and maybe include some kind of picture accepted coat colour guide to aid members before we officially open. I'd hate for this to cause problems for everyone and am willing to help and discuss this on the mods board if necessary to see what everyone thinks?
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 6:21 am

Perhaps the normal size for a adult meerkat is around 10 to 14 inches whilst the biggest they can get is 18 inches i would say 18 - 20 inches but 20 seems too big in my book, and a adult meerkat should not be able to become smaller than 10 inches. Tail length should be around 7 - 10 inches.

And i think the max weight should be 4 pounds which i propose that a character's weight should change depending wheather or not it's drought season with little food or rainy season with bountiful supplies of food. In which a meerkat that's 18 inches big would have to eat more and possibly more unusual prey to maintain a weight of 4 pounds which is the case with Joestar and Xyleath though Xyleath eats other meerkats which i can't imagine is healthy for his overall health, dominant females do eat subordinate pups to maintain their dominant position but they don't do that on a daily basis.

And their life spans should be just around 10 - 15 years, realistically wild meerkats shouldn't be able to age pass 12 years since they would be very weak by then but we're playing meerkats with like human intelligence here, so i think no character should be able to past 15 years of age that is if they ever live long enough to be 10 years old.

I think the acceptable fur colors should be within a shades of brown and a bit of red and maybe light gray but no black or dark gray. White meerkats should be very limited as only two are know to be that color, specifically MJ/Michael Jackson from Adelaide Zoo, who was born brown but turned white overtime due to unknown causes whilst the other one is Lucifer Drie Doring though he was bright ginger than anything not actually pure white.

Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:01 am

I could work on a sheet of accepted colors.

Also, I'm really adamant about our current limits, of what I've put as far as height and weight goes. 1.5 times the normal sizes is as far as I'd like to go.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:23 am

Here's my thoughts...

There should be a site limit of 3 or 4 extra large characters. We could have slots which players could claim and make extremely large 'kats (extremely large only being recognized at 3 - 3.5 pounds). All other meerkats on the site can be a MAXIMUM of 2 point something pounds. That would allow a distinct line between large meerkats and extra large meerkats. In my opionion, a meerkat might have a regular sized body yet wear a super long tail, so this kind of makes the length thing complicated. I think body length should be limited at a foot, and the tail should be limited at 7 inches. This would add up to 19 inches, which is one more than what you all seemed to agree on so I'm not too sure how this would be solved but I'll leave it up to you guys. x)

As for the colors, of course we should have references but they shouldn't be too restrictive. Perhaps we could have slots for very irregularly colored meerkats- but I think all shades of brown should be allowed. Black, white, red, or gray meerkats could be limited, but absolutely no blue, green, rainbow, etc.

Moonbacon wrote:
And i think the max weight should be 4 pounds which i propose that a character's weight should change depending wheather or not it's drought season with little food or rainy season with bountiful supplies of food. In which a meerkat that's 18 inches big would have to eat more and possibly more unusual prey to maintain a weight of 4 pounds which is the case with Joestar and Xyleath though Xyleath eats other meerkats which i can't imagine is healthy for his overall health, dominant females do eat subordinate pups to maintain their dominant position but they don't do that on a daily basis.

Four pounds is still extremely large for even a supersized meerkat. And regulating weight according to seasons can be very difficult, especially when people are absent because of work and other reasons.

Xylaeth wouldn't really need to eat more to maintain his weight as he was born with his larger structure. As his bio says, he eats other meerkats out of entertainment, but it isn't his main diet. To me, being on a strict diet of his own kind wouldn't be realistic, so I tried to even it out by making it a habit instead of a necessity.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:41 am

Hmm yea i guess 3.5 or 3.6 should be good enough.

I don't know but i feel like 10 - 14 inches should be a pretty good limit for regular cats, 14 inches is 1.1 feet so it ain't too big honestly.

And also i still like the one supersized kat per person idea but if too many supersized kats' get made then there should be some sort of temporary ban on it til there's less of them.

I still think tails should be just around 7 - 10 inches long it's not like they grant any sort of advantage or disadvantage.

Plus are we overlooking that most people here probably have good enough common sense to not make a regular sized meerkat with a 10 inch tail or one that is neon colored and such? i honestly feel like not too many limitations are needed since we're such a small community and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BETA RULES DISCUSSION
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next