Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BETA RULES DISCUSSION

Go down 
+5
Night
StormyMeerkat
YoshKatgirl
Meyerm
Pancake
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Pancake

Pancake

BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 5:35 pm

...I don't really think all those limitations are all that necessary... I like it better when we keep things simple, since everything else is simple, but... eh...

But the bottom line is that we wanted to keep things more realistic.  I'd actually like to say we won't allow black or white meerkats at all, since they're fairly overrated, and keep all characters brownish in one way or another.  This is more reasonable and puts more focus on personality.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Guess Wendy, Butters and Scarlette are the oddballs so far then. XD Wendy's gray, Butters is light gold-blonde and Scarlette is reddish. ^^; I could change their colors if needed.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 7:03 pm

I don't really see the shame in requiring more toned down designs, and requiring that gray meerkats be a little brownish... that would be more realistic after all... but eh...
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 8:57 pm

I changed Wendy and Scarlette's colors drastically. I left Butters and Whiskers alone since they don't seem all that bad. But if they are... just lemme know and I'll toy with their colors.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:16 pm

My meerkats are all shades of brown\golden brown, but I can change any if you think I should? I think Markie's pelt could probably be lightened, but hmm.. Just let me know! I also dropped Zephy's size. ~
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 1:46 pm

If needed, I wouldn't mind altering the color of Behrooz's fur. I made it half ginger colored and half tan colored, along with having given him maroon colored spots between his stripes, across his sides and on his forehead. Definitely unique compared to average meerkats. XD I may change his eyes from being two different colors to just one color, as I imagine heterocromia has never been reported in the meerkat society. Razz
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:19 am

Also may i make a suggestion on the posting rules and such? rather than having people wait 24 hours to post perhaps just have some sort of posting order? like if i post first then Yoshi post next then Pancake posted next and finally Storm post, i would have to wait til Yoshi, Pancake and Storm to post before making mine. So that way even if everyone posted within 24 hours nobody gets left behind but of course different timezones would slow it down a bit.

And if its someone's turn to post next yet haven't posted for 24 or 48 hours then the person before him is allowed to post next but the person who was skipped over must have to wait til it is his turn again.

Of course any new members might have to be placed at the bottom of the posting order.

Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 9:41 am

A posting order is hard to maintain, especially if it's during a battle and some characters are facing others. 24 hours is fair, trust me. You arrived after we had a crazy amount of hyperposting and busy users would have sometimes 10+ pages to scroll through.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:17 am

Well no a posting order isn't that difficult to maintain in my opinion at least and there can be a solution if there's a battle going and about such as perhaps if for example i have a character in both the Puzzles and Nightingales and the Puzzles attack the Nightingales and i'm the first one to post within the Nightingales thread, i still maintain my position in the posting order and so does everyone who have a character within both the Puzzles and Nightgales but those who have a Puzzles character but not a Nightingales one may be put on the bottom of the posting order til the attack is over and they return to their usual posting order back at the Puzzles.

Well might not seem difficult for me since i have done in the past (in which i would have no problem helping any of you with it).

And i dunno i just felt 24 hours before posting again is rather slow i'm just used to being able to post at least 2-3 times a day than just one but maybe that's just because i like meerkats too much and rather impatient.

I think you guys reached 10+ pages because you guys were posting less than a paragraph in your old posts (From what ive read at least) but to be fair i doubt any of us were good at roleplaying when we were doing it for the first time *Shudders at past memories*.

Though even if the posting limit was completely removed doesn't mean i'l hyperpost like no tomorrow, i'l probably be a rather slow poster since my post are usually rather long, heck my first post for Joestar (And other characters) might end up being 2-3+ paragraphs long which i hope you guys don't mind because i easily get carried away when writing.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:26 am

I agree with a 24 hour wait, and if necessary, someone could control an absent member's characters until they return. Another way we could keep hyperposting in check is to lengthen our posts. No short posts, like, so and so follows so and so, so and so does this, does that. A post should be more descriptive and be at least two sentences long or more, but not so long that it overwhelms the reader. As long as there isn't constant posting between two people, which used to drive me utterly nuts, lol, everything else regarding posting rules sounds fine. :3
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 11:05 am

Yoshkatgirl wrote:
but not so long that it overwhelms the reader.

Ah that's me out the window already then lol
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 11:22 am

Well, a few paragraphs in a post is fine, but not so many that it's like a story in the middle of the role play, lol.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 11:27 am

little_maybelline wrote:
Yoshkatgirl wrote:
but not so long that it overwhelms the reader.

Ah that's me out the window already then lol

Heh same here, seriously even with a single character in a simple roleplay such a meerkat roleplay i can still manage up to 2+ paragraphs with no problem. This is especially true if i have multiple characters.

Though i feel that the minimum post length should be a paragraph or 1000 characters, plus i feel that it will encourage people to make longer, better quality post rather than sticking to one liners the whole time.

Either way none of ya'll are gonna stop me from making 2+ paragraph posts.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 11:46 am

Maybe not 24, but 12 hour wait? Or wait is invalid if all active users reply before 24 hour margin?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 1:47 pm

Yeah, sorry guys.  I cannot write short things, so you'll have to deal with that XP

24 hours is fair... because all it means is if you were the last to post, and someone else doesn't post within 24 hours, you can post again as long as you aren't in a battle, which would give the other player an unfair advantage.  They need time to respond.  However, if someone else posts before that 24 hours is up, preferably more than one person in most cases, you are welcome to post again.

I actually support and suggested a posting order before, but no one else really supported it, so... ^^' We are doing in during intense situations such as battles though

I would love to introduce a minimum word count, or even just limit to as few as 3 or 5 sentences per character.  To me, that makes everything better in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BETA RULES DISCUSSION   BETA RULES DISCUSSION - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BETA RULES DISCUSSION
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3