Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some serious cleaning tips NEEDED!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Some serious cleaning tips NEEDED! Empty
PostSubject: Some serious cleaning tips NEEDED!   Some serious cleaning tips NEEDED! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Alright, i'm sorry to dump all of this on you guys but I didn't have anywhere else to turn. There are some of you that seem to have had small animals as pets such as mice so I thought you guys would know. Now here's the story:

I volunteered to take on the job of cleaning my neighbor's rabbit cage for her while she went up to meet with her family for a week. When I saw the rabbits, they were cute but everything was a MESS! Please do not read this if you have a weak stomach to the graphics of animals!

Hairballs had taken up the corners of the cages. feces were everywhere due to her letting them out and run around, it looks like she hadn't cleaned their litter boxes in ages. There are only two rabbits here. The slide plates under the cages that help keep them clean were almost stuck because of the debree of mess around it. These little tiny flies were buzzing everywhere and of course there was a bad smell.

Now before you guys go saying "this is animal abuse, she should be hauled away to jail!" I understand it's neglectful but this woman is 78, fighting bad cancer and has to spend most of the day in a chair so she doesn't have a lot of time to just tidy things up for the rabbits everyday, and she refuses to give them up because they use to be her daughters who died of cancer herself two years ago and they're the only thing she has left of her daughter. But they ARE fed well, at least there's that.

I could call professional cleaners but they could report the neglect they see. All I thought I was going to do was just feed them and dump their litter boxes each day but I feel so bad for this woman that I want to clean the whole room for the rabbits and her because it's not healthy to have this for the animals and her, especially since she's battling cancer. I have 6 1/2 days to do this I a barely know anything about rabbits. I use to have one but I gave him to my friend because I didn't have the time for him.

So can someone please guide me on what I should do first???
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Some serious cleaning tips NEEDED!   Some serious cleaning tips NEEDED! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Well, I'm not expert, but you should start by cleaning up the feces in the room. Do the easy stuff first, and gradually work your way up to the hardest stuff. it will slowly look better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some serious cleaning tips NEEDED!   Some serious cleaning tips NEEDED! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Well I've already vacuumed up the room but I'm always missing something. For the cages, I don't know what to do. The hair is literally stuck together like a hair ball. It's hardened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some serious cleaning tips NEEDED!   Some serious cleaning tips NEEDED! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some serious cleaning tips NEEDED!
Page 1 of 1