Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back to School

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Tomorrow I will be a freshman. I've heard some scary thing about how hard it is, does anyone have any advice. I need all the help I can get, 'cause I'm scared. D:
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:41 pm

High school isn't really that bad. The kids in high school are actually more mature and respectful towards each other than they are in elementary and middle school. The upper class students will be glad to help you navigate to your classes and the teachers are very helpful and understanding as well. As for the classes, they aren't that bad either but it depends on what your taking and what level of education you are. Through out my school years, I was always in learning support classes so the homework load was light. I'm sure you'll be fine. There's really no need to be nervous. Just be yourself and don't feel shy about asking for help. The experienced students will be willing to help you out.
Back to top Go down

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Thank you Yoshkat, everyone does tell me I'm very shy when it comes to asking for help though. I'm gonna have to work on that. Razz
Back to top Go down

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:55 pm

Its nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be. People are definitely, at least compared to jr. high, more mature. I am starting senior year on Thursday:).

I know i am re-stating what Yosh said, but she is right. high school is definitely something new, and ive also noticed that a lot of the upper class teachers are a lot more lenient in enforcing certain things, you could be texting in physics class and the teacher would either ignore it or tell you to put it away (usually the latter) , so that's something to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:31 am

Don't worry about it, Kusuma. You'll be fine. I know I was really scared when I first started high school, but like Yoshkat and MasterMeerkat said, it's not as bad as you think it'll be.
Back to top Go down

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:23 am

Thanks Dipsy and MM, I'm feeling a lot better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:44 am

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine. Smile I mean, I admit my Freshman year was my worse year due to the fact I was in a horrible High School anyhow, but then we wouldn't of found out I have autism. But I'm sure your year will be fine. There are slightly more mature people in High School. They'd have to be mature and serious to graduate. xP
Back to top Go down

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Well, I'm back from my first day. Not too bad, the classes look fun and because in our district, freshman take classes in the Junior High building, instead of being the youngest we're actually the oldest until we're sophmores.
Back to top Go down

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:38 pm

My district did that too. Somehow I think it would be better to do freshman year at the high school.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:50 pm

Glad your first day of high school went well :] That's interesting. Both my high schools had a freshmen year. I've heard of small districts doing that or combining all grades. Perhaps it works like that if you have a small school district.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:28 pm

I never had a Freshman year. I was a Sophmore in High School... That's because Junior High and Middle School aren't the same things.
Back to top Go down

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:26 pm

i have 2 PE classes, when they were assigning lockers today for my 2nd PE class, i just sat on my cellphone, mostly on linklu Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back to School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back to School   Back to School I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to School
Page 1 of 1