Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Role Play- 8th of January

Go down 
+4
little_maybelline
Dipsy Tail Bonder
StormyMeerkat
YoshKatgirl
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:50 am

Mist sat outside the bolthole, had dedicated himself to be today’s babysitter. He could hear the pup’s cries but sadly being a male wasn’t able to give them what they needed. If his sister Fay had stayed with the group, she might have been an excellent subordinate addition to the group but sadly he hadn’t seen her for quite a while nor his older brother Jade.
Stretching up tall onto his hind legs occasionally, Mist watched the surrounding area and sky for any sign of potential danger.

With her mate on sentry duty, Morning Glory collapsed in the shade of a bush feeling momentarily at ease. After successfully finding a large beetle and a skink on top of her scorpion, a rest would certainly be in order before she would have to resume digging. If her pups and herself were going to survive she would need all the nutrients she could find.

Chester Quavers grinned thankfully as Splash offered her part of her Gecko, but even through she was hungry she couldn’t be greedy and take it all. Taking a small bite, she nudged it back to the older female in a shared offering. Today they were going to get by together.
Patiently waiting for Splash to finish, Chester Quavers began scrabbling in the sand hoping to find something suitable that she could share in return.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:56 am

Splash smiles sweetly to her little friend. Chester Quavers gave her something to look forward each day in her depression, and she sincerely appreciated her companionship. She resumes digging as well.

Meanwhile, three adults are traveling near the group, looking for a home. Faithful chirps, spotting the Tiny Kats. Joyful trembled with excitement. Hopeful is nervous and appears submissive.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:06 am

Stratus spots the three meerkats and gives off some calls to let the small mob know of their presence before getting off the log he was on and went toward the three strangers. He soon sees its two females and a single male. As the dominant male, he watches Faithful more than the two females. He's confident his mate would accept them with no questions asked. They needed more members.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:30 am

Hearing the alert call from Stratus, Morning Glory sat bolt upright and looked around. Her rest was brief but ignoring a warning could mean death in the harsh nature of the desert. Locating him with short calls of her own, the dominant female hurried through the grass and emerged beside him at the foot of his sentry post.

Spotting the three new arrivals, Morning Glory watched intently as the strangers made their approach. From initial observation it appeared to be two females and a male, the remnants of a splinter group maybe? Only by making contact with them would reveal their intentions.
Nodding to her mate, she made her way towards Hopeful, Joyful and Faithful.

Triumphantly finding a hard black beetle, Chester Quavers yipped and snapped at it as it dashed out of the hole hoping to escape. Easily outwitting the young pup, the beetle headed in Splash’s direction skittering across the sand with it’s shiny carapace gleaming in the sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Faithful immediately joins his sister Hopeful in showing submissive behaviour, lying down as low to the ground as he can. The trio desperately needs to join a group, they stand little chance alone. Hopeful smiles at her brother before barking to Joyful, who has dozed off in a daydream. Joyful peeps an apology as assumes the same position as her littermates.

Splash smiles and happily snaps up the beetle. The splotched female smiles at her friend and hands over a millipede. Perhaps they should share this meal, it's rather large.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Satisfied with their submissive behavior, Stratus scent marks Faithful. It was up to Morning Glory to accept the females Joyful and Hopeful.

Paw, Panda and Rania watch the three meerkats.

In the distance, a male appears... its Jade. He went off roving days back and hadn't come back. He had gotten lost after being chased off by a mob he tried to attract a female from. But now he's back. He was eager to see Mist and Fay again, he's missed him dearly.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:45 am

Seeing the three strangers submissive behaviour and her mate accept the single male, Morning Glory slowly approach Joyful and Hopeful and gently scent marked their foreheads with the side of her face. She desperately needed more members to support the growing group and experienced females would be an excellent addition if they loved to take care of pups.
Smiling the dominant female took a step backwards and chirped welcoming them to the group. Now they would be able to forage in safety and be a part of an active group again.

Cuddling close to Stratus and affectionately grooming his face, Morning Glory contemplated leaving her trusted mate in charge of the group whilst she returned back to the burrow to collect Little Cloud and Cumulus. With three new adults the bolthole would not be an adequate for them all for the night and a new burrow would have to be found as soon as possible before night fell.

Beaming in delight, Chester Quavers ran up to Splash and rubbed her full body against the older female snuggling her face into her soft fur. She’d be honoured to share such a large find and couldn’t show her appreciation enough.

Still outside the burrow keeping an eye on things, Mist was oblivious of the knowledge of his brother Jade’s sudden return. For now he just had to concentrate on keeping awake in the heat and ensuring that no harm came to the little ones in his care.

Last edited by little_maybelline on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:08 am

Faithful immediately takes sentry duty. Each of the new recruits would make valuable mob members... Joyful just began foraging while Hopeful followed her new leader, eager to help.

Splash smiled, gave Chester Quavers a meerkat hug, and began eating the food item at one end. She tended to eat millipedes differently than others, avoiding the cyanide-coated outer shell and feasting on the softer insides.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Stratus nods in understanding as Morning Glory went to fetch their adopted pups. Despite not knowing the real ones, he's began to see two little ones as his own.

Paw helps with sentry duty.

Rania also follows, deciding to help as well.

Panda went back to forging.

Jade could spot the forging group and relief sets in as he ran toward there, eager to see Mist and Fay.
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Seeing the new meerkats, Fletcher Renn puffs out his chest and struts over to them. He'd show them whose 'boss'. He soon lost interest, however, and trailed after the adults, hoping for some grub.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 am

Chirping to thank Rania and Hopeful for there assistance, Morning Gory gave Stratus a final farewell nuzzle before bounding off into the grass back in the direction of the burrow. She had no doubt that her loyal mate would find a suitable place for the family; she trusted his judgement implicitly and had no worries about leaving him in charge.

With the area around the burrow predator free, Mist climbed down from his post and descended down the short narrow tunnel to where Cumulus and Little Cloud were resting. At just under a week old, the tiny pups were still helpless but soon their eyes would be opening and they’d be exploring the world outside the darkness. Offering a comforting warm embrace, he lay down beside the two little ones and caringly licked them. One day he hoped to have a family of his own to protect but roving and abandoning a potential mate just didn’t appeal. Maybe that was the life for his brother but not him.

Chester Quavers didn’t mind the crunchy shell of the millipede; once it was free of toxins it made a satisfying sound as her teeth mashed through it. The insides that Splash preferred were indeed slimy and juicy and the young female had never had a millipede that was this tasty before.
Licking her lips as she finished her half, she made sure that every morsel of their fantastic find had been eaten and sniffed the ground in hope that some may have escaped.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Hopeful followed Morning Glory, eager to help her new leader in any way she could. To some, the scarred female may appear scary and she wanted to prove herself otherwise.

Joyful glanced down at the begging Fletcher Renn and squeaked with happiness. Oh my goodness! She absolutely loved pups! The enthusiastic female embraced him in a meerkat hug, a bit too tight of a squeeze. Her ever vigilant brother Faithful chirped to let her know that sjeay be suffocating the poor thing. Joyful immediately chirps an apology and let's the youngster go. Oh yeah! He's hungry! She giggles, this is Fletcher Renn's lucky day. She's found both a millipede and a scorpion, the best of meerkat delicacies. At first, she chirps that he can decide, then changes her mind. Ah, what the heck, why not give him both? While he eats one, she'll make sure the other doesn't get away!
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:40 pm

(ooc: Oh they are so cute Pancake ^^ I love your new characters)
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:47 pm

((OOC: Hehe, Joyful is so cute. x3 And also, LM, are they doing a burrow move? Just so I understand what's going on. ^^))
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:33 pm

ooc: The Tiny Kats have been living in a bolthole if I remember right~
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:42 am

(ooc: Yeah MG is going to collect the two pups & Mist with the help of Rania and Hopeful with the intention of a move out of the bolt hole. I hope that's helpful Night.)
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:37 am

((OOC: Ah, right, its coming back. ^^))

Stratus stands on a log, looking around. There had to be an unused burrow some where...

Paw decides to help the dominant male and begins to search around for a burrow they could live in.

Rania smiled, she was happy to help!

Panda continues forging.

Jade runs closer, eagerly. He was sure Mist and Fay would be happy to see him!
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:19 am

Ooc: waiting for Dipsy before posting again.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Nemo was forging, hoping to find a bite to eat. He looks around once in a while, but went back to forging soon after.
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:59 am

Fletcher Renn didn't find the hug too tight; in fact, he was quite enjoying the attention. When Joyful presented him with a millipede and scorpion, he bounced around happily. He was so hungry! He gripped the millipede in his claws and dragged it through the sand, just like he'd seen the adults doing. He chirped thankfully to Joyful.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 2:00 am

Following the scent markers across the short stretch of desert, Morning Glory and her two loyal subordinate females retraced the foot prints that the group made that morning back to the tiny bolt hole.
Bounding up a short dune and recognising some familiar shaped foliage, the Tiny Kat’s dominant female barked a joyful call and instantly quickened her pace eager to see her adopted pups.

Not expecting to hear Morning Glory returning, Mist bolted upright from his lounging position alongside the pups and scampered back to the surface. Worriedly looking to the left, right and up to the sky, he called out a concerned call and anxiously waited to see anybody appear through the grass.

ooc: I will wait for Pancake to post about Splash before replying as Chester Quavers.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Splash smiles softly at her little friend. The black-patched meerkat tries looking for another millipede for Chester Quavers... Instead she finds a scorpion. The female yelps as she's stung, but quickly bites off the stinger and offers it to the pup.

Joyful giggles in a meerkat way and nuzzles Fletcher Renn excitedly. Yup! No problem! She can't help it! Pups are just soooo cute!

Faithful shakes his head at his silly sister and continues watching the area. He's not the best sentry and is getting hungry but his super-observant sister is off helping Morning Glory.

Hopeful follows Morning Glory eagerly. Hearing the calls, she returns them, they must be getting close...

Little Cloud peeps eagerly. What's going on?
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:39 pm

|OOC: Sorry, I've been vacationing~ @Night: Is Jade just here to see Mist and Fay? I'd be willing to send Tsumae after him, just so long as it's okay with everyone..|

Tsumae, along with most of the mob, had watched the three just as close. Seeing that they had been accepted, she returned to foraging. (I just typed foilaging. xD) She was rewarded with a plump grasshopper-looking thing, munching on it quickly. It was soon devoured, and she moved on. The she-kat found nothing the next few holes. She stood on her hind legs, scanning the brush for anything that may be considered a predator. Just some gazelle grazing peacefully in the distance. Deciding they weren't a threat, she glanced down to see a rover. No alarm came from her- Only curiosity and temptatoin. She dropped on her fours, padding closer to investigate. She stopped a little ways off, watching him from the corner of her hazell orbs. Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:33 am

(ooc: I'm ok with that plot it's up to Night though. It would be an interesting development for Mist and also MG's pups aren't going to survive so a litter for the group could be a benefit. I'm going to wait for Night to post before replying)
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 am

|OOC: Sounds good. I should probably wait for Night before asking this question, but HECK. Would about three or four sound reasonable? And would anyone want to adopt one first~hand..? I'll put them up on the adoption thread(If this plot goes foreward) but whatever works~|
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of January   Role Play- 8th of January - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Role Play- 8th of January
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next