Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Role Play- 8th of December

Go down 
+5
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★
StormyMeerkat
Night
Meyerm
YoshKatgirl
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage

Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December    Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Cactus runs alongside Petal and Conker to the safety of the burrow after spotting the hawk.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:19 pm

(occ: sorry for ruining the chase...!)

Akita was suddenly scruffed, and pawed at the air helplessly. If these meerkats knew she wasnt from their mob, what would they do to her? she wondered.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Mischka spots the hawk and helps the others move the pups below ground.

An eery screech grabs Ninja's attention from the pursuit and his eyes meet the hawk. He utters a startled alarmed bark and nudges Linda urgently. They must get belwo ground now.

Conker obidiently heads into the burrow. He knows better not to challenge a deadly predator such as a hawk.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:25 pm

((OOC: Its fine. Smile))

John was well aware Akita wasn't one of the Jumaas pups, but it wasn't in his nature to abandon a pup who was in danger. If this pup's parents were nearby, he'll easily return Akita to them after the hawk was gone... Or... did the hawk kill this pup's parents? Deciding not to worry about it for now, he was more focused on getting Akita to safety.

Root continued to sound his alarm calls. With a hawk in the area, all the mob members were at risk of meeting the talons of the deadly bird of prey.

Petal sighs in relief as Conker and Cactus were safely in the burrow and parks herself near the entrance, waiting for the other Jumaas to go inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December    Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Though he is safely underground, Cactus huddles with his brother, scared.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Akita looked around warily. The memory played over and over in her tiny head.

Racing her brother, she shot ahead, into the brush. She didnt stop, because she was ahead and her brother and he didnt give up easily. Deciding she had won, she turned to confront him that he had lost. 'What a coward,' she had thought, not seeing a trace of him. She retraced her steps for what seemed like five hours, but could not find her way back. fear churned in her. Suddenly, a pair of talons lashed infront of her, barely missing her nose. She broke into a run, and exploded infront of other meerkats.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Conker curls himself around Cactus, comforting him. He shivers occassionally from adrenaline and fear. He looks between every adult hoping no one is missing and is still out there in the danger zone.

Ninja stands outside the burrow entrance. He won't head below until Linda is down there safely. He's already lost 2 of his precious family, he won't let anything bad happen to Linda and will lay down his life to ensure she can go on living every day to the fullest in the mob.

Mischka positions himself at the tunnel, peering out from time to time to see if the bird of prey is still soaring over head. He peeps, realizing Linda and Ninja are still out there. He peeks out and sees the couple sitting by the entrance and barks warning them to get in immediately before they're spotted.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:34 pm

ooc- *faceplam* Do we have to have a hawk attack now? Things are confusing as it is.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:47 pm

ooc: I agree. I've been leniently going along with what ever someone tosses at the group but all this unecissary action in every mob is starting become annoying and is happening too often. We should really consider talking over plots instead of frequently and randomly creating action. It's causing too much confusion which is one reason why this site had slowed down in activity. Too many people are getting lost in the role play. I'm even considering quitting because of how things have gotten. It's just gotten full of people wanting their meerkat to play the hero or always wanting them to get hurt doing something. It's ok to have a predator scare happen occassionally but not on every RP day and more than twice on that same day. It's just creating confusion.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:51 pm

((OOC: Yeah, I mean, I don't mind action once in a while myself, but things are getting a bit out of hand. I'm even gonna take a break with Ghost after he kills Triscuit since he mostly causes a lot of drama whenever he appears. Plus, I'd like to get a chance to develop other characters, but with less drama.))
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:16 pm

ooc: I have a handful of meerkats I still want to introduce but because of the hyperposting issue, I may just decide to abort bringing them on DW. It's just becoming too active on here for me to be able to create more meerkats. I'm seriously comtemplating on quitting DW by the summer. This place will get crazy active by then and I may not have the time to be on here much.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:28 pm

((OOC: If I may? Maybe to help control the activity, we could do something called a post order. I've seen this on other forums I go to. Mainly, its where we each take turns posting, and whichever people posted, we go like that. For example, if maybe Yosh posted, then I did, then Meyerm, and so fourth, we'll go by that order and people can't post until its the person's turn. That way, it prevents hyper posting and it'll be easier to control what's going on. That way, people have to wait until everyone else is caught up before they can post. Only downside the roleplays might last a bit longer than normal, but this is just a suggestion.))
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:41 pm

ooc: I think that would be a good idea. A while ago, I was thinking about that style of posting as being a solution to the hyperposting between 2 or 3 people. Perhaps it could become a rule but it could shy away activity and some members may disapprove. However, it would help people like Pancake, Kusuma, Stormy, Flower and other inactive members stay caught up with what's going on in the role play. I could discuss this with Dipsy and see what the others think. Stormy and Pancake have been falling behind too often and they're fun people to role play with. It'd be sad if this hyperposting issue pushes them to qutting. most of the of mobs depend on them to keep them active since they play a good chunk of the dominants.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:12 pm

ooc- I'm falling behind from work too. Other sites I've been on have had rules about the size of posts and posting order. Rules on here inhibiting repeated "two person posting" and posts required to be more than a line long should slow things down. And I hope you don't quit Yoshkat. Linda and Ninja are too cute together, and not having you on here will urge me to quit as well.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:37 pm

ooc: Meh I really won't quit. I don't have the assertiveness to. I really like it here and enjoy RPing with everyone and don't want to leave but some times the unecissary action and very active posting tempts me to. I may just limit my characters in the future. Ninja is staying here until he reaches old age and meets his time to go up to meerkat heavan:)
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:28 pm

((OOC: Sounds good to me. Smile I wouldn't want you to quit either, you're a fun person to roleplay with Yosh. =) I'm more used to this post order style of roleplaying, as they do that style on Ginga Board and it does make other people wait before they can post. But hey, if it helps control the activity and prevents hyper posting, it could be the key of helping getting things under control. We don't need chaos and such going on when the Jumaa, Willows, and Midnights end up fighting, do we?))
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:40 pm

ooc: Thanks and I enjoy role playing with you too:) That's another reason why I'm not so quick to quit. I enjoy role playing with everyone and meeting new people. It was planned for the 3 groups to just fight but after the battle, I wouldn't be surprised if more unplanned drama follows but if we enforce this posting style it'll help to limit random drama that may unfold afterwards. The mobs will need a lull in the action so they'll be able to recover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:50 am

Aliya looks at Akita and approaches her, going to see if she'd pass her standards. She was a pup, thus would likely be accepted.

Suri and Emzio watch, waiting to see what Aliya will do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:04 am

occ: Jheez guys , im gone for a couple of hours and you post 2 and a half pages !? Mad

Kinkajou yelps and tumbles into the burrow , she sits on Mischka and peeps a sorry to him , seh scrambles up and pushes up against the wall

Paw darts into the bolt hole at the sign of the Hawk

Ash watches it , he stands up and growls

Apollo sits down in front of the bolt hole , not fazed by the Hawk , its too far away and they are hidden too well to be spotted .
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:57 am

Akita shrunk down at the sight of a she-kat approaching her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:59 am

*Velmarie had drifted away from the group, but she came back now, having been refreshed in her thoughts. She wasn't aware of what was going on in the group, so observed to catch up on the latest news.*
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:33 am

ooc- So can we just agree there was no hawk attack?
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:58 am

occ: yes, and in the first place i was kind of meaning Akita had lost the hawk and just had kept running away, and ran into the mob.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:50 pm

(ooc: Yoshi I'd be quite sad if you quit Sad Josephine would have no one in Willows to go back to. I'm sorry I've been away for a while things have been kinda busy and with the decline in activity on some of the boards I found it hard to get motivated to post.
But I'm reading up have over 20 pages of Jumaa and Phantoms to go then I will get the rest of my characters updated.
Maybe I can develop my characters more to make them a bit more interesting...)

Having stuck close to dominant female, Josephine sniffed the air and raised her head at the unfamiliar scent of Akita. As she watched Aliya approach, she was surprised to see a pup so young alone out in the desert. <Was she lost? Were the other mob nearby?>.
Instantly worried at the thought of another encounter, Josephine chattered anxiously and quickly stood on her hind legs to glance around the surrounding area.

Contented that the coast was still clear, she returned down on all fours and padded closer to the pup.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:32 pm

ooc: Don't worry I won't quit Smile It's too difficult to quit here anyways. I've had the intense urges to just delete DW from my favorites forever but only ended up quitting for a few hours. I'm obessed with role playing hereXD I have so many plans set for my characters and I still want to keep Ninja and Linda together and the Josephine and Lancaster plans still on. I just let my frustration and stress overcome me when things get out control with the action and posting.

Mischka watches Aliya approach Akita nonchalantly. No need to worry about a rejection occuring here. He's aghast that this pup, too young to be wandering about without the supervision of an adult, had been perilously trekking aimlessly out in the open for who knows how long. He's relieved that fate is smiling down on her. She had encountered the most easy going and opened armed mob in the area. Not many pups make it out there alone. It's meraculous that she's still alive.

Ninja is by Linda and watches Aliya approach Akita with a positive mind. This mob has a soft spot for pups and would do anything for them. A rejection wouldn't even cross anyones' minds. It'd be cold hearted and cruel to shun a pup who desperately needs the comfort and protection of a mob.

Conker prances over to Akita, eager to make a new friend and playmate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role Play- 8th of December   Role Play- 8th of December - Page 28 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Role Play- 8th of December
Page 28 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 36  Next